Ruined

"Don't do it."

You turned around to see Klaus standing there, his eyes gazing over your dress.

"What?"

His eyes flicked back up to search your face before he continued.

"Don't get married, especially to him."

"Why?"

You furrowed your eyebrows as you watched him start to get closer to you.

"You know exactly why Y/N."

"No, you don't get to do this. You don't get to come here and tell me not to marry him."

"And why's that?"

"It's my wedding day," your voice cracked as your eyes started to fill with tears, "I'm getting married."

"And I'm telling you not to!"

"Why!"

His voice was getting louder every time he spoke, but yours was doing the same thing.

"I have loved you since the moment I met you Klaus but you have never loved me. You were always with someone else, I mean Caroline, Aurora, Cami, god Genevieve! I have always been your second choice but i'm his first choice. He always picks me first."

"That's not true Y/N. You have always been my first choice."

"Really? When? Tell me Klaus, did you think of my feelings when you were with any of those girls?"

"I was distracting myself! I was distracting myself from you!"

"Why! Why did you have to distract yourself?"

"I was scared of losing you."

"Well now you have, guess that didn't work for you huh?"

"Please don't say that."

He shook his head while looking at you. One tear streams down his face but he makes no movement to wipe it off his face.

"Then what's your excuse for not telling me how you felt? Why can't you just be the guy who can express your feelings?"

"I'm sorry but I want to be that guy. I'm ready to be that guy now."

"I have that guy. I'm getting married to that guy in less than an hour."

You were looking anywhere in the room except at him.

"Let me say it once, please."

"Please don't. Because then I won't be able to go out there. I'll fall into the same pattern with you Klaus. Everything will start off fine, then we'll mad at each other, you'll sleep with some girl, and my heart gets broken."

"It'll be different this time, Y/N. We can be together. We can be happy."

"I am happy," You pause before continuing, "I was happy. Oh my god, I can't believe your doing this to me."

"I love you Y/N. I always have loved you, I always will love you. I will continue to love you even if you get married today."

You look up trying to stop the tears from ruining your makeup.

"Please leave Klaus."

And he does. He walks out of the room, leaving you to get married. He leaves the venue knowing that he lost you forever and it's his fault. You can't stop the tears from falling this time. You clutch your stomach with one hand while the other covers your mouth. You were trying to muffle your sobs but you didn't really do a good job.

Your mood was ruined, your makeup was ruined, your hair was even ruined. In that moment, you knew your wedding day was ruined because not only were you not ready but you couldn't get married. Not to him anyways.

AN- Ok this is like insanely short but I have a nice part 2 in mind if you guys want that? And then I promise that this is the last sad one for a bit. I'll write some happy fluff ones:)