Ch. 43

It's been four days since I've last seen Jimin. I haven't been able to leave Jung Kook's apartment even if he told me to come along with him when he leaves. I've been a prisoner here. Wearing his clothes. Earlier this morning when I woke up on the couch, I heard a lot of thumping going on in his bedroom and when I went to go check, he was dragging So Hee's body towards his closet. I nearly threw up at the stench and the image of her corpse. Her skin had gotten paler. The blood on his floor had dried up and darkened. I nearly threw up at the sight and smell, he almost saw me as well when I stood by the door. I turned my heels and walked away not knowing why he's hiding her there. The guilt still lingered in me as well. Every passing second I can hear her scream and have nightmares about it.

   As I was deep in my own thoughts, I hadn't realized Jung Kook was in the living room. It wasn't until he said my name that I was drawn out of it.

"Ji Eun."

I look up at Jung Kook who wore a dark red sweatshirt and ash colored jeans, his right hand in his pocket while the other held a black bag.

"I'm taking you out for lunch. Get dressed."

"I don't have any clothes."

"You've got an apartment. Go get your clothes and then come back here."

I roll my eyes to which he wasn't happy with.

"This is stupid. Why can't I just stay at my place? All my belongings are there."

"Because I don't trust you enough to let you go. For the time being, you're staying with me."

He throws the black bag over to me and I reluctantly look inside. I see a pink top with faded white floral designs all over it and a pair of beige jeans.

"If you don't want to go to your apartment and gather your clothes, use these."

   Turning around he heads back to his room to finish whatever it was he was doing. I sat there, looking at the clothes before I sigh and lift the shirt over my head and place it beside me to put on the pink top, moving my hair to the side and then slowly removing the shorts and pulling up the jeans he had given me. A slim perfect fit. As I zip up the jeans, Jung Kook comes back out wearing a dark jacket and handing me the same kind in a smaller size.

"You look beautiful." He compliments me. I look away and nod my head before putting on the jacket. It was then he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him. I gasp and froze in my place.

"Did you hear me? You look beautiful." He repeats in a stern tone.

"Th-thank you." I bit my inner cheek and hesitantly pull my arm out of his grasp. He softens his expression and smiles at me.

"You're welcome. Let's go." He says before he walks away towards the door and put his shoes on. I followed behind and slowly slip my shoes on then stand quietly beside the door as Jung Kook removes his shoes and runs to his bedroom as he forgot his car keys. I stood patiently by the door and pursed my lips. Jung Kook found the key as I heard him clap his hands and let out a happy 'yes'. He walks out of the hallway and I can see a big smile on his face when he looks over at me.

"I thought you'd try to run away. But you remained by the door waiting for me." He comments as he slips on his shoes and opens the door. I hadn't even thought of that. I had the chance and I missed it! He opens the door and leads me out as we walk down the hall, I saw a familiar figure standing near his door to get it open and I began to tense up as we walked down.

No. Please no. Why did he have to be out when we are? I look over at Jung Kook who scoffed at the sight of Jimin and turned his head to look at me. He saw the disgruntled expression on my face. Jung Kook grabs hold of my hand as Jimin raises his head and notices us. Correction, notices me. It was as if he hadn't seen me in so long. The look of longing was evident and I can see that he had been crying earlier. As Jung Kook and I walked closer, Jimin attempts to have a conversation with him. Stopping us in our tracks.