Ch. 20

21:00 2019, Oct. 31st.

"Happy Halloween!" You cheerfully say as Jimin entered his apartment. You threw black, orange and purple confetti as he entered. Jimin pauses and takes notice of the little cute decorations. You took the time to cut out bats and hung them on a string as they were taped to the ceiling, a few glittering pumpkins taped on the walls and a few windows.

   Jimin was in awe and found it adorable how much effort you put into decorating his apartment while he was working. He found it more adorable of you to wear a cute cabbage costume. You looked so small wearing it. The only question he had was how was he going to hug you and kiss you.

"Aigoo, gwiyeobda!*"

------------------------------
아이고, 귀엽다! : Oh my, so cute!" 
------------------------------

   Jimin pulls out his cellphone and takes a photo of you holding a small plastic pumpkin candy basket. You throw up a peace sign and smile as you pose. Jimin shows you the photo and then removes his jacket, hanging it up and removing his shoes. He rushes over to you cutely and hugs you. Or attempts to hug you.

"How was work?" You ask as you begin sweeping the confetti up. Jimin saw the small bowl of taffy on the countertop and has one.

"It was alright. I had a talk with my supervisor and asked if I can have a raise. Working as a Facility assistant at the pool is somewhat fun but the pay is not great. Biweekly pay of only $500 is like living off of unemployment and it isn't enough to pay my rent."

"That's great. Hopefully your supervisor does give you a raise. Oh! I have some money I can give you." You chime. You removed the cap that came with the costume.

   Jimin shakes his head, "No it's okay jagi. I just need a raise. I'm a month behind the payment."

"Well, you said the pay is only a thousand. I can pay 500 right now and you can pay the half." You penguin run towards your purse on the coffee table.

"Actually the rent is now 1,250."

   You nearly tripped over your own foot.

"They raised it? Since when?"

"This morning. It was posted on the bulletin down at the lobby and also we got emails about it."

   You bit at your bottom lip. Great. I'm going to be here an extra month minding Grams. I have to find me a job so I can help out. You curse under your breath. I have to start paying for the rent now since tomorrow is November. Dad only covered the entire month of October. You look inside your purse and count the money after removing the costume gloves. Jimin was sitting at the counter, scrolling through his phone.

"520, 540, 580, 600." You say then nod your head, content with the amount you had. You rummage through your bag and pull out two twenties and one ten. "Oppa, here's the 650 dollars. I have about 700 left over."

   You stand and walk over to him, holding out the money. Jimin turns around and makes a face. Not really wanting you to accept your money.

"I can't." Jimin says.

"I insist. I have 700 left over and that will be good for me. Besides, if I need more money I can ask my dad."