Ch. 26

Jimin sat beside the bed, holding his brother's hand as he laid there. A breathing tube in his mouth while his face was covered in gauze and bandage. An IV infusion stuck over his right hand and a monitor on his finger for his heart beat. His heart sank as he stared at his swollen and bruised eyes. Jimin was exhausted but he was happy that his brother was safe. His parents were glad to hear the news but heart broken when Jimin told them that his fingers were cut, along with his tongue. The image would forever haunt his memories. The smile he once always loved to see on his brother's face was replaced with the cut and bruised face, with blood and tears coming down. Jimin broke down, gently holding onto his brother's hand.

"I'm sorry Jihyun." The fabrics of his sleeve, soaking up the tears. "I'm sorry you went through so much pain." He sobbed silently, his heart aching with bitter and never ending sadness. Just then a nurse comes in, startled by Jimin.

"Mianhaeyo, I didn't see you there. I'm just checking on your brother."

   Jimin slowly raised his head, wiped the tears away and nodded.

"Thank you for all you're doing, Miss." His voice was soft but there was still a but of sadness in it. The nurse gives a small endearing smile.

"It's our job. If you'd like, I can bring you some water and a blanket."

"I would appreciate that."

   The nurse nods her head and does the routine check up on Jihyun. Checking the monitor, writing down the BPM, making sure the breathing tube was good. She fixes his blankets before she quietly makes her way out of the room. Jimin looks at the time, 23:07. He texts Ji Eun and tells her that she can spend the night at his place and that he would be there by seven in the morning. It was so quiet in the room. The beeps from the monitor were comforting to hear. In a way it calmed him. Because those beeps signified that his brother was alive and okay. All he had to do was recover. Jimin's expression softens when he looks at his brother.

"From now on, I'm going to protect you and Ji Eun. Keep a better eye on the both of you." He puts his hand on the rails of the bed. Tightening his grip. "And once I find out who had done this to you, I will rip their tongue out and gut them like a pig." He was disgusted by his brutish attitude that had him saying these things. It was unlike him and also very new to him. But this traumatic experience has awakened something inside himself. The need to protect everyone and anyone he loves and cares for. No matter how difficult it may be for him, he doesn't want anyone else to go through such an experience.

   As he calmed down, his phone goes off and the nurse walks in with a cup of cool water and a blanket. Jimin grabs the blanket and the cup, bowing at her and thanking her. She does the same and leaves him alone with his brother. Jimin takes a seat beside Jihyun, sipping at his water after setting the blanket on his lap. He reads the text.

Ji Eun
Alright my love. Don't stay up too late. Get enough rest and I pray your brother has a full recovery 😘
Read at 23:12

Jimin
I will, Ji Eun. Please get some rest too 🖤 Goodnight my love
Sent at 23:12

Ji Eun
Goodnight Jimin 🖤 Goodnight to Jihyun as well.
Read at 23:13

   Jimin puts the phone away, places his cup on the little desk and unfolds the blanket, removing his jacket to use as a pillow. He forgets to turn the lights off so he goes and does that. The little light above Jihyuns bed wasn't too bright and it casted enough light. The room was equally dim and lit. Jimin fixes his jacket pillow then puts the blanket over him. Closing his eyes and listening to the slow, calming beeps of the monitor. Within seconds, he falls asleep.