Ch. 25

Jung Kook restocks the little cans of vegetables after pricing them. He hated this repetitive thing of price and stock, price and stock. To him, it felt like he was painting over a blank canvas with white paint. Just adding more layers to it little by little. Jung Kook was unhappy with his job but he didn't find the motivation to look for another better paying job. So he stuck with this one. Stocking the shelves and freezers, mopping up the isles and putting up with rude customers. As he finished stocking the can of vegetables, the door bell jingles signifying that a customer has entered. He stands up and peeks at who it was.

"Ji Eun." He says in an exciting manner. He hurriedly grabs the empty box and drops his price gun in the process. "Oh shoot." He picks it up and throws it into the box. Making his way towards the love of his life, smiling very happily. Gleaming with joy like he had just received the best news.

"Hi Noona." He bows at her. Ji Eun turns around, surprised to see Jung Kook. Her hair tied back, wearing a beige button up coat and matching heel boots and an auburn scarf.

"Hi Jung Kook. I had no idea you worked here." She smiled and returned a bow. Jung Kook was over come with complete glee and he couldn't contain himself. He missed her so much. He hasn't texted her after that night a couple days ago when they found Jihyun.

"I started a couple weeks ago. It doesn't pay well but at least I get out of the apartment. How's it going with you?" He holds the box securely in his arms. Ji Eun held a basket in her hand and continued to browse the shelves.

"Oh I've been good. Looking for a job at the moment since I will be here another month. It isn't fun but I do need to work while I'm here. Can't rely on my dad to pay for the rent." She sighed and grabs a pack of spicy ramen. "How have you been Kookie? I never see you around anymore. It's nice to see you."

   Jung Kook blushes. She missed me. I knew she would miss me.

"I stayed home mostly. Focusing on other things." Like downloading photos of you and printing them, putting things away that you either threw away or forgot. Plotting ways to make you mine. "I also heard about Jihyun. I'm glad he's doing much better. I'm also happy that he's safe now and has Jimin beside him to take care of him."

   Ji Eun nods along, "Me too. I was worried sick for his brother. I can't imagine the pain Jimin had felt. But I am thankful that God had taken good care of him and brought him back to us alive. He's in the hospital but at least he isn't stuck with the monster." Ji Eun grabs a small tub of red kimchi paste putting it in the basket and then some dried spices. Jung Kook winces a little at the word. I'm not a monster. I'm love sick. I'm angry at you for choosing him. His eyes slightly darken at her back turned against him while she kneels down to browse the bottom shelve.

   Jung Kook's manager noticed him not doing his job so she clears her throat at him while she helped a customer with their groceries. He looks at her and sees the death glare.

"Get back to work Jung Kook. I don't pay you to talk with old friends." She spoke to him with venom laced in her voice. This made his blood boil but it was also true. But at the same time, he didn't want to work. He wanted to converse with his love a little longer and admire her beauty from up close. He hadn't been this close to her since Jimin's sleep over. And even then it was hard for him to keep his distance. He wanted to stay beside her and just hold her. Jung Kook sighes as his manager continued to send daggers at him.

"Well it was nice talking to you Noona. I have to get busy." He rolls his eyes, poking his tongue against his inner cheek. Ji Eun nods her head without looking at him.

"Chat you later Kookie." She walks off towards the produce section. Jung Kook's manager, Hwang Yeo-Ra, bids a customer good day then makes her way towards him. She stood at five feet and two inches. Her figure being slightly chubby. Her bangs curled and her hair dyed a platinum blonde. A color she did not match in Jung Kook's opinion.