Ch. 22

⚠️ TW : Blood and violence ⚠️
⚠️ Reader discretion is advised ⚠️
⏭ If you don't want to read the gruesome part, you'll see this and skip the pages ⏭

______

   Jimin played the voicemail left by his brother 5 times. Just listening to his voice and how annoyed he seemed. He said he would come by a little later. His parents called him worried about their son who hasn't answered any of their calls.

"Anyway, I'll come by a little late. Maybe 11 or 11:30. See you later."

   It had been 2 days since he's been gone. November 2nd read the date on his phone. He couldn't sleep all night and it was 10:10 AM. What if he left to Georgie on the first? And he's just adjusting. Jimin thought a second before rubbing the back of his neck due to the stress he's been feeling now. He tried his best not to worry too much about this. But he couldn't help himself.

"Please be safe if you're in Georgia, Jihyun." Jimin says. He enters his living room and turns on the TV in hopes that he can calm his nerves with some good shows. The first channel he saw was the News channel and was about to change it when he heard the police found a body.

"Don't let it be her. Please don't." Jimin dials Ji Eun's number.

××××

06:30 AM - 4 hours before

   Jung Kook gets out of bed, grabbing his hoodie and premium black timbs. He was eager to leave his apartment and get back to the abandoned building. He had already made up his mind about So Yeon last night. When he was coming home, he decided to finally end her misery.

"Oh shit." Jung Kook says as he quickly runs into his apartment to grab the backpack. The backpack was very important to him because he had all his "toys" in there. As he grabs it, he sees the metallic bat sitting at the end of his sofa. He pauses for a second then grins.

"I can't wait to use this again." Jungkook grabs the baseball bat and heads out. Trying to look casual and not suspicious. If anyone asks what I'm doing, I'll just say I'm going to meet some friends and play some baseball. He thought and nods his head along. He walks passed Jae Yeon who seemed to be in a hurry for something. He gives a small wave and enters the elevator.

"Hi Jungkook-ssi. You look... nice."

"Hello Noona." Jungkook bows. "Yeah? I don't have a baseball uniform and I told my Hyung that I would use all black. We're going to play some baseball at the park near Incheon."

"Really? Have you ever played baseball?"

"A couple times. I'm not very good at hitting the ball, but I am good at throwing and catching."

   Jae Yeon nods her head and chuckled. She wore a white long sleeve and a black vest and black pants. It looked like she was going to work today. So that's why she's in a rush. Jungkook thought then watched as the number on the elevator counted down. The ride down the elevator in silence. The music that played was all they hear. Jungkook looked at the time and it was now 06:35. They finally reach the lobby floor and both walk out.

"Good morning  Jae Yeon. Good morning Jungkook." A tall sturdy man greets from behind the desk. Jae Yeon and Jungkook bow at Min Joon Hyun then waved him goodbye.

"Have fun Jungkook. See you later." Jae Yeon waves as she turned around. Jungkook waves back and bids her a good day at work. Jungkook walks down the street. The early morning air was crisp and cool. He inhales deeply, taking in the autumn air, smiling happily. He makes a left, running across the street and staring at a couple who were sitting across from each other in a restaurant.