Ch. 38

"Hi Mom." Aryanna smiles as she enters Vanessa's home. Vanessa looks at her and smiles while sitting on the couch.

"Hi Aryanna and hello to Aryanna's boyfriend." Vanessa stands and greets Jung Kook who returned a friendly smile and hand shake. Aryanna forces herself to be happy and nods her head.

"Mom this is my," She inhales as she didn't want to lie to her face but Jung Kook warned her that if she didn't introduce him that way, he'd kill her on the spot. "Boyfriend, Jeon Jung Kook."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Andrew." Jung Kook greets her in a soft low voice. Aryanna looked away with disgust, removing her coat and hanging it up.

"Nice to meet you too Jung Kook. How's your experience going so far here in Bethel?"

"Pretty.... different." Jung Kook smiles. Aryanna takes a seat on her mom's couch and pulls out her phone to text Jimin.

Ji Eun
Hello my love 💜
I can't wait to see you 💜
Love and miss you 😘
Sent at 14:50 PM

Jung Kook takes a seat beside her and wraps his arm around her. Aryanna tried to remove his arm but he would wrap his arm around her again as if he were really her boyfriend. Jung Kook would glare at her when she'd try and remove his arm again. Vanessa hadn't noticed as she pours herself some coffee and sits down at the table.

"So," Vanessa takes a sip of her coffee. "How did you two meet?"

Aryanna looks at him and remained silent for a few seconds before taking a small breath and forcing a smile.

"Actually Jung Kook. Why don't you tell her how we met?"

Jung Kook's cheeks turned red and he suddenly felt shy. Although he wouldn't mind sharing how he actually met her. Still, he had to make up a story. Biting at his lip and rubbing his thighs as he looks down at his feet, clearing his throat he looks at Vanessa.

"Well.. I.." He began to stutter. "I met.. I met her- I met her a year back in New York." He exhales as his ears begin to redden.

"A year ago? Doesn't seem that too long ago." Aryanna adds.

"It really doesn't." Jung Kook responds. "I met her at a bar. She was there celebrating her birthday."

Jung Kook pulls her closer to his side. As much as she didn't want to be held, she had to be convincing for her mother. To her dismay, Aryanna rests her head on Jung Kook's shoulder and held his hand. This caught him by surprise; cheeks flushed and heart thumping. Aryanna noticed his slow breathing become quick. Don't tell me this sucker is nervous. Of all the times, he's nervous now? He's so normal. Vanessa takes a quick snap of the two sitting together.

"You guys make a cute couple."

Jung Kook gave a huge, bright smile that made his eyes smaller and his heart flutter. To him this was a dream come true. Although Ji Eun was only playing along, deep down he knew there was no way she could love him after what he's done but he didn't care. Right now, she was his. Act or not. He was enjoying this moment. Suddenly, Aryanna jumps up meaning Jung Kook had to let go of her.

"Oh mom. I have to pack up my things tonight."

   Jung Kook pouts. "But I wanna stay longer." Meaning he wanted her to continue to cuddle him.

"My silly boyfriend." Aryanna turns around, pulling him up by his hand. "We can always come back next year."

Jung Kook's face softens when she had called him her 'silly boyfriend'. I love you. Jung Kook thought as his eyes soften and became doe like. He looked down at her. Ji Eun. This isn't fair. You're playing your role too well. Aryanna boops his nose and giggled.