27

You decided to go home with Keigo that night, but you decided to sleep on the couch because you were so heated. He understood, and even offered to sleep on the couch but you declined. That whole conversation made you think about a lot of things from your childhood, and all the situations that could have made Amira think like that. It was true, you had always gotten good grades and was the definition of 'the perfect angel'. You were always a sweet kid, was kind to others, and made sure to pull your own weight. You stood up for kids that would get bullied, and would stand up for yourself. You had always wanted to be a hero, and made sure to work extra hard to get what you wanted.

You're family also had the image of being perfect, but it was far from it. Your mother had you at a young age. She had married her high school sweetheart, and was the ideal relationship. They couldn't live without the other, and most people want a relationship like that. Your mother did want to have more children, but due to health issues, she couldn't bare anymore children, which broke her heart. But she loved you with all of hers. She had passed away shortly after your ninth birthday due to an illness which was unknown to you. You were never sure if you father knew of not, but it hit him just as hard as it hit you. So much so, that your aunt had to take the both of you in. That's when you suppose Amira started her hatred towards you.

Amira wasn't always a good student, her grades fluctuated a lot. She would have good grades one week, and then fail the next, which would lead her to be your average C student. Thinking back on it, this was probably what first set everything off for her. From that point, your aunt would compare her to you. 'Why can't you try a bit harder like Y/n?' 'Y/n is always getting good grades.' 'Y/n does so well in school, why can't you?'

You felt bad, but then started to think about any other times. When your aunt found out she was pregnant with Camilla, you were twelve, about to be thirteen, and Amira was eleven, about to be twelve. Emilio was already about four or five, and had just developed his quirk. Therefore, a lot of the attention of the household was on him. Of course you didn't kind, you were happy for your little cousin, and even tried to help him. Of course you didn't know what you were doing, but you enjoyed spending time with him. As you would spend time with Emilio, Amira would be up in her room studying, trying to get her grades up to please her mother. As a result, you grew closer with Emilio instead of Amira, which she would grow to be jealous of.

Then her father left, shortly after her youngest sibling, Camilla was born. Which meant your aunt would give most of her attention to the baby, and you your younger siblings and your father. Your father was basically bedridden, he was that mentally ill. He didn't take part in any conversations, and would do the basic human survival he needed, such as food, sleep, water, breathe, and bathroom. And that's all he did. He didn't care for you after your mother passed. You were upset over that. You had lost one parent, and now you felt like you've lost both. So your aunt also stepped up in an attempt to be a parent towards you.

Since your aunt's attention was always scattered everywhere, Amira's grades started dropping again. And by the time she reached high school, she didn't really care about school for that matter, she only cared about boys, makeup, and her friends. While you made sure to prioritize your grades. Instead of having a huge friend group like Amira did, you had your two friends Faye and Tora.

After graduation, that's when you took the entrance exam for UA with Faye and Tora. You had gotten admitted to the general program, which you were a bit upset about but there was still a chance to get transferred. Your aunt was ecstatic for you, and the attention went onto you. "See where good grades get you?" Your aunt would say.

Then it came time for Amira to take the entrance exam. Her quirk was nature control. She could grow flowers, vines, trees, you name it. But unfortunately, she didn't make it to UA. Her mother was disappointed, and again brought the attention to you. You suppose that's where all the built up anger has come from, and you felt bad. As a kid, you never realized how constant the comparisons were. And you figured that if she couldn't be you, she would be the farthest thing from you. Therefore, her drinking a lot, her doing drugs, and her being a many different relationships.