19

**DISCLAIMER: I DONT ACTUALLY KNOW HOW THE HERO GALA WORKS. SO IM GONNA TWIST IT TO MAKE IT WORK FOR THE STORY.**

The hero gala happens every two years, and fortunately or unfortunately enough, you had just gotten with Keigo to be his date. The gala is to let pro heroes relax, and for the public to let them know that they are appreciated. This event is also televised, and has a 'red carpet' sort of thing.

As Keigo had promised you, he did take you out to eat before heading to the gala. He took you to the restaurant you worked at, The Lovely Lotus. As you walked in, all of your co workers looked at you in awe. They had never seen you so dressed up before and was certainly a shock for them.

After you both had finished your food, you headed to the venue. You were pretty nervous, and didn't know who you were going to see, or what was going to happen while on the red carpet. Keigo sensed your nerves, and gave your hand a squeeze. "It's gonna be fine." He assured you.

"Keigo, remember what we talked about. I don't want people knowing we are together."

As you reminded him, he did look disappointed but he definitely understood why. The relationship was knew. And he is popular, so both parties could possibly receive hate for the relationship. It could be considered scandalous.

Keigo stepped into the red carpet first, and you followed. Paparazzi started taking pictures, and immediately turned to you. You just kept smiling, and Keigo was actually proud of you for not showing you were overwhelmed. But you felt like you were drowning. You never really liked attention.

"Pro hero Hawks! Hawks! Over here!" A reporter from a news station that was covering the event yelled, and waved him down. He approached her, you following behind him. There was a smile plastered on his face, and you thought he looked adorable.

"Hawks, it's great to see you tonight! Tell us, who are you hoping to see here?" The reporter asked, and then shoved the microphone in his face.

"As always, I would love to see my biggest influence, Endeavor. And one of my best friends from high school, Miriko." He answered. The reporter said some other things in a high pitched voice, before turning her attention to you.

"Now, who is this with you, Hawks? Your date looks incredible!"

"Haha, thank you. This is Y/n, she's been one of my best friends since high school." He answered.

"Oh, so you guys aren't together? I'm sure there's some women here that would love to hear that! I know I am, haha!"

Her statement made you a little upset. Not visibly though. But at the same time you were to blame. You didn't want to announce your relationship to the world, so of course there would be people trying to shoot their shot.

"So miss Y/n, you and Hawks knew each other in high school? Tell me, what was he like?" And then she shoved the microphone in your face.

"He honestly hasn't changed much. He was a very big flirt then, and still a flirt now." You laughed a bit. "But he was a very good student, very goal-oriented. He didn't let anything get in the way of what he wanted."

He looked at you with pure adoration. His smile was sweet, and his eyes had totally conveyed that he was in love with you. Anyone could see it, even the people watching from their t.vs could see it. But he would think to himself that yes, while he worked very hard for his career goals, his social goals suffered. And one thing did get in his way: Touya. He wanted you for so long, but Touya was in the way. He let his friendship with Touya get in the way of a possible relationship with you.

"Wow, I can just see the way he's looking at you. Tell me, did he ever try to get with you in high school?" The reporter asked. Now, you and Hawks were getting the attention of other reporters.