13

Five years had passed, and you still were not over Touya's death. Once you had graduated from UA, you never became a hero. You vowed back then that you and Touya would do it together, but since he was gone, you didn't have the heart to do it. You assumed that Keigo, or rather Pro Hero Hawks had been doing well in his career. He had established his own agency after graduating and was within the top five pro heroes in Japan. Same with Rumi, or rather, pro hero Miriko.

As for you, you lived in a run down apartment. You didn't have the heart to go outside at all. During the last year your aunt had put you in therapy. You told her not to because you had no way to pay for it since you didn't have a job. But she told you she would pay for it. So your days would be filled with sleeping, going to therapy, eating a couple of snacks and sleeping again. And it would just repeat. Occasionally, your friends Faye and Tora would come visit you.

Faye had landed a job as a sidekick for a pro hero, who wasn't very well known, but a pro hero nonetheless. She had married Yuma from your class about a year ago, but you didn't go to the wedding. She was worried about you a lot. You just weren't the same after Touya's death.

As for Tora, instead of doing management like she had studied, she decided to be a designer for pro hero suits, which she loved. And she was very good at her job. She was dating one of her co workers, but you have not met her yet. But from what you hear about her, she seemed nice.

You were walking back to your apartment from therapy. Believe it or not, it was working somewhat. Today you had just talked about Touya, and what you have been doing the past five years. You were now twenty three. You never had a job, never dated anyone after Touya, you never went to visit his grave after the funeral, absolutely nothing but stay at home and sleep. You're therapist told you it wasn't healthy. You agreed with them. You knew it wasn't healthy.

They suggested that maybe you should engage in an activity, maybe get a job. Just something to get you out of the house. And it would make you money. You had decided it would be a good idea. Your therapist also suggested that maybe you should try your best to move on. Enough time had passed. They suggested you could go to the grave and clean it up a bit if it needed it, or visit his family even. They suggested that because you had mentioned how Rei said you were always welcomed, and you haven't seen them since the funeral.

You went home and changed to look somewhat presentable. You couldn't get a great job because you had no experience doing anything. You were trying to decide on what you could do, until you started to remember the restaurant you and your friends liked to go to. The really high end fancy one, The Lovely Lotus. If you were a waitress, you probably wouldn't make that much money, but you could probably make really good tips.

After you had changed, you started your trip to the restaurant. It wasn't too far away from where you lived. Probably about a ten minute walk. Which wasn't awful. You had walked through the front doors to the host stand where you saw a man, probably a few years older than you. "Hello there, table for one?" He asked.

"Uh, no actually. I was wondering if you guys were actually hiring?" You asked in a sweet voice.

"Oh yeah, we're always hiring." He laughed. "Have a seat right there and I'll go get a manager for you." You nodded at him and took a seat out in the waiting area. A few moments later, and old lady came out, who you assumed was the owner, and took you into the back office. You sat down at her desk as you both just sorta got to know each other for a bit before she started asking you questions."

"Have you ever waited on tables before?"

"No ma'am."

"Well... do you have any work experience?"

"No ma'am."

"Really? A pretty young girl like you? No work experience?"

"Haha, no ma'am."