17

It was the next day, and as Keigo had promised, he made sure you got to work safely. As you were about to go in to start your shift, he grabbed your wrist to hold you back a moment. "I'll be back here tonight to pick you up. Have you made a decision whether or not you want to stay with me?"

"Oh, uh... no, I haven't decided yet. We just reconnected, I don't want to rush it, ya know?" You said nervously, not sure how he was going to take that.

"Alright, I understand." He said with a smile. "Have a good shift." He waved, before walking away. He would be on patrol today, so chances were that you weren't going to be hearing much from him today. Which was fine obviously, you didn't need to hear from him every second of everyday. You understood that he would be busy as a pro hero. But you did want to make sure he was okay at all costs.

You clocked in to start your shift. You had to help clean up and prepare. The restaurant didn't open until 1:00 pm, and doesn't close until 10:00 pm. And most days, you worked all day. You can in early to help open, and you would leave late to help close. You didn't mind it of course, because it was good money, but you were worried about eventually waring yourself down. But at that point, you would have enough money saved so that you could change your hours.

Once it was one o'clock, the owner opened the doors and people did not hesitate rushing instead to get served. There were a couple birthday lunches, a few anniversaries, and a few celebrations parents spoiled their kids for because they had gotten good grades. Even though it was pretty busy, you still had a smile on your face and made sure to work your magic to get a slightly bigger tip. And almost nine times out of ten, it worked.

There was a group about five men, discussing business matters. They had walked into the lobby, and asked for a table. They were sat at a round table by the host. Thankfully, the host sat them in your section. You got your notepad ready, and waited for a moment or two before walking over there.

"Good afternoon, boys. What can I get you all to drink to start out?" You used your customer service voice. It was like your voice was straight out of hello kitty. One of them lowered his menu to look at you, and to say the least, he was pleasantly surprised.

"Well, hello there darlin'." The man said, not taking his eyes off of you. At this point, the way he had said that had gotten the attention of the other four men, who appeared relatively younger that himself. They looked at you, and had the same reaction as him. "I'm just gonna have a glass of red wine."

"Alright, red wine... and for you all?" You asked sweetly, looking at the others.

"A gin and tonic please." One of them said. You nodded and moved on to the other two, who also ordered red wine.

"Alright, I'll be right back with those and I'll take your order when I come back, is that okay?" You asked with a smile.

"Of course darlin'." The older man said. You nodded and walked away, mentally cringing. But hey, it was for more money.

You came back with the drinks a moment later, and handed them out. You took out your notepad again and asked what they would like.

"A filet mignon, darlin'." The older man said, closing his menu and placing it off to the side. You wrote it down and looked at one of the other men, this one looking about in his late thirties.

"Hmm... I don't know.. I don't see you on the menu." He said with a sly smirk. This joke went well with his coworkers, and on the outside you definitely laughed and acted flustered, but on the inside you just wanted to hit him up beside the head. Eventually he did tell you his actual order, and you took the rest of the peoples' orders at the table. You hurried to the back and out the order in, telling some of your co workers what this man had said to you. All of them were about your age, in their early twenties. They were all disgusted by this man's behavior and offered to take the table for you. You thanked them, but declined their offer. There was no way you were going to lose this table.