Last Chance Dance

Start from the beginning

He nodded. "I hear what you're saying Mom, I do. But he's the one I'm really supposed to be with. I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

She smiled broadly. "That's an awfully mature thing to say, my little Buddha. You always amaze me, and I'm so happy you're our son."

He smiled. "It took awhile, but I found the moms I was always meant to have. And I feel the same way about Connor, Mom. I could go to the end of the universe and to the end of time and I wouldn't get a different answer. He and I are as meant to be together as I am meant to be your boy. I thought I got lucky the first time, getting you and Stef as moms. But with Connor, I mean, what are the odds that you'd end up right where you're supposed to be, not once, but twice?"

***

Connor poked him. "You seem really serious today. Everything okay?"

"I was just talking to Lena about what I told you this morning."

"The soulmate thing? You really meant that, didn't you?"

"Yeah. It made me realize something, babe. You're the one I'm meant to be with. Not just now, but always."

"Nice of you to figure out something I knew from the beginning. And you said I was the dense one."

Jude laughed. "Kiss me?"

Connor kissed him. "Can't get enough of it."

"Love me?"

"Forever and day or two after that, maybe more?"

Jude kissed him. "I have a confession, I don't really know how to dance. I'm gonna suck, just like I do at all the stuff you want to do with me."

Connor laughed. "I'm wild about that, you know, your adorable sucky ways."

Jude play-smacked him. "Seriously though, maybe Mariana can teach me some moves."

"Yeah, or maybe we could practice...on our own?" He got his phone out and found a song on his playlist. He got up, pulling Jude after him.

"This is a slow dance song," Jude protested.

"There will be slow dance songs." Connor cradled and rocked him.

"Not all of them."

"Can you blame me for wanting to practice the best parts first?"

Jude grinned. "I guess not. Are my hands in the right place? Or should they be here?" he slid them down over Connor's butt.

"There you go pervin' again."

Jude laughed and moved his hands up Connor's back. "As I recall that was your move, and at school!"

Connor tipped him backwards and kissed him.

***

When Adam walked in the door he saw Connor playing video games on the TV. "Oh, you're home?"

Connor laughed. "I know it doesn't seem like it, but I do live here, remember?"

Adam smiled. "And why exactly are you not at the Fosters tonight?"

"Oh, Jude's family is meeting with their lawyer tonight, just finalizing stuff for Callie's adoption."

Adam nodded. "Did you have some dinner?"

"Yeah, made mac & cheese. How was your board meeting?"

"Great, we're starting a new suicide prevention initiative for the summer and we're getting the campaign put together. It looks great, hopefully it's gonna help and save a lot of kids."