Why does this not surprise me?!

It was probably something about 5 when I managed to get into the detectives office. To my surprise the light was on. That only meant that he was actually working but just went to get some coffe. Since I knew the guy and he gave me permission to be here, I decided to sit in his seat and rest for just a bit.

I wonder how long he will take.

He should be here...

I wonder if it is a good idea to find him now....

An hour time...

I also have to get back to my own room too.

Thank good I live close by.

Whelp, this is important.

Thankfully, I didn't had to wait long for them as they came into the room pretty soon and even shreaked back. It was the very first time we had a face to face situation like this.

Detective Tsukauchi: Who the hell are you?

Me: Parallax. 

Detective: ...

He came into the room, locking the door and make sure no one could disturbe us. I didn't know if he thought about trapping me or not but I had a different way to escape this situation anyways.  Besides he isn't the only police station I knew the people inside. I was also fairly confident that his fellow police officers wouldn't attack me or try to get me at all. Not after that one time I saved them.

The story was a bit weird and not to mention long but to make it short I once saved these people while the gas pipe in the office broke. I only noticed that after I delivered a criminal in front of the door. There was this smell leaking out from the doors of the police station and no one reacted to me having the criminal there.

Back then I decided to check it out and when I opened the door, each and every one was actually on the ground. It turned out that half of the people were currently out because of some villains but the other half was in here and was affected by it. 

Without much thinking, I went ahead and let the criminal run away and got the officers out of the police station one by one. It took me a bit since I wasn't that strong back then but I still couldn't give up on them. To top that off, I made sure that they were all okay and checked their pulse. After making sure they were just unconscious as well as having everyone out, I went back inside to phone an ambulance and a hospital to give them information about what happened.

After that I had pretty much a free pass whenever police officers would see me. It wasn't as if I was completly unseen running in the evening around roof tops or not. It was just that they decided to ignore it which I was pretty glad about it or my life would have been more complicated by now.

Me: You don't seem surprised.

Detective: Is this about the fire earlier?

Me: Yes.

Detective: I assume the injuries are from you.

Me: You may so.

Detective: Want to explain?

Me: That building wasn't empty.

Detective: How come?

Me: It was a sweet spot for homeless people and I knew a lot of them.

Detective: Are you one of them?

Me: Trying to find leads about who I am?

Detective: I can try.

Me: You may but I will not answere these questions.

Detective: It was worth a try.

Me: Mh. A good one indeed.

Detective: Do you work with Nezu?

Me: That rat? Hell no. 

Detective: *relieved sigh* 

Me: Why do you think like that?

Detective: You sound like him sometimes.

Me: ...

Detective: Anyways we got both of the criminals arrested and one hospitalized.

Me: Charge them for the deaths of these people. 

Detective: Do you perhapse know how many of them were isnide?

Me: No but there are usually around 40 people inside. Not only homeless people but also street kids as well as runaways would stay there.

Detective: I see.

Me: The one guy that is not in the hospital didn't know about the people inside.

Detective: You are implying that the other one did...

Me: Yes. He did.

Detective: I'll see what I can do.

Me: Please do.

Detective: Parallax, first staple 7th folder. Do you know something about this?

The moment he said that I loooked at the paper staple of folders right next to me on his table and got the 7th folder from the top just to find some distrubing information on a cirminal on the lose who is ripping the skin off the victims body while they were still alive.

I started reading through the file. It was something that is happening in the district I protect and from the looks of it wasn't someone who is starting to do this freshly. I saw the pictures about the autopsy and by the look of it, all the people were alive, not sedated or anything. There were indications that they screamed and faught to the bitter end.

Me: No. I'll have a look out for this person.

Detective: Any information you get would be appreciated.

I am gonna find this person!

Not every one of their victims were old people...

They started it out with old people...

5 years no.

They are 5 years on the run and vanished 2 years ago before reapreaing a week earlier...

This is concerning.

It seems like it's the same person but it's not.

The way this person was cutting the skin down wasn't as precise as the previous victims.

If what I am thinking is right then that means that this person is mimiking the old one.

They either know each other or this one got the information from somewhere.

I never heard about this before.

That means that these files are top secret and locked away from the public.

So how did they get to the information?

I have to find them.

If they will continue with hurting people in my district then they should be prepared for this.

Detective: What are your thoughts on it?

Me: I'll return in the evning and tell you them again. I'll be here at 9.

Detective: I'll make sure you can walk in without any problems.

Me: Thanks.

That was all I said before I stood up and opened the window. We may be on the third floor but that didn't stop me from just jumping out because the other rooftop was a flat rooftop with 2 stories. Perfect to land on. The way I got into the office was a different too. This was how I made sure no one could follow me in and out of there but for now I had to hurry and get back home to hell!