#20: A Brand New Adventure Awaits

(Koizumi Tsubaki/Yukishiro Himeko's POV)

After I ate my dinner and brushed my teeth, I changed into my pajamas and did my homework of all my subjects. I finished them all around 11 PM. It's too easy for a person with a mind of an adult like me.

The next day— or the following hours, I helped the Yukishiro Orphanage, an orphanage that Yuuichiro-niichan built 2 years ago due to my request.

They held a feeding program that happens once a month. I helped the volunteers contributing the foods to the orphans.

"Here you go," I handed a tray of foods to the last orphan who lined up with a smile, "be careful, okay? It's hot."

"Hai!" the kid smiled back and carried the tray to the table before sitting down to join the others.

"If you want to take another one, don't be shy to line up again, all right? But make sure you finish your first serving."

"""Hai!!"""

"Eat properly and enjoy the foods!" I told them.

"""We will!!""" the children said in chorus. After a prayer they began to eat.

Currently, there are 16 kids at Yukishiro Orphanage. There are also 2 other orphanages that Yuuichiro-niichan built. I would visit there often when I'm not here. Since Yuuichiro-niichan is busy and can't mange it by himself, he assigned a directress— Sister Hana, and other workers to the Yukishiro Orphanage.

However, I'm kinda in charge when I have free time and volunteered here. The oldest kid from this orphanage is 14, while the youngest is at age of a year and half.

The kids here are also being taught by a kind volunteer so they would have education as they grow.

There are also a mini gym, playground, garden, art room, and other others to improve their skills and develop themselves to stay active and healthy.

The foods they eat were made by Andrew-san's apprentices. They are professionally good and I guaranteed it 👌.

Yuuichiro-niichan not only built some orphanages but also a home for the elders and a home for abandoned/abused/rescued cats, dogs and other animals by my request on my 6th and 7th birthday.

There are kind people who are willing to donate foods, money, toys, clothes, books and any necessary things. I'm so glad that not all people are cold hearted.

I would visit those every weekdays, and for the weekends, I'll either rest, study, or play around with Hocchan.

"Himeko-chan," Sister Hana approached me. "Thank you for always helping the orphanage. You're such a good girl."

"It's my pleasure to help, Sister Hana."

"May I know what'll be your plan when they turned 15?" She said with a troubled smile on her face, "The truth is, Sakamoto-kun will turn 15 soon this year's winter. While Owari-kun will also turn 15 this summer. I don't want them to be kicked out from the orphanage and wander around the the street to find a job, but they'll ended up as homeless again."

Sister Hana stared at the children who are happily eating their meals, "I'm wondering what you'll do to the kids who turned 15 and aren't adopted. You do know that it legal that a 15 years old can now work, right? I'm deeply concerned about it."

I motioned her to sat down on a bench with me.

I rubbed my chin, 'What can I do for those who'll turn 15 and aren't still adopted...? Hmmm....'

I closed my eyes and thought for a minute or 2 in concentration. I opened my silver eyes when I came up with an idea as I faced Sister Hana, "Sister, what about this: For those who turned 15 and not yet being adopted at that age, they'll either attend high school or if they want, apply a job while attending school. It's up to them."

"That's a wonderful idea! However... where are you going to get the money for that?"

"Simple. To Yuuichiro-niichan! I'll make sure that he's going to agree. It's for the sake of the children after all," I said, smiling confidently.

✧༺♥༻✧

Yuuichiro-niichan and I were sitting on a chair, opposite to each other.

"Fine. I'll keep supporting those who turned 15 and decided to go to school, but they require to do part time job. And for those who wants to work, I'll find a job for them—HOWEVER!"

Yuuichiro-niichan raised his index finger, "For those who chose to attend high school, I'll no longer support them once they graduated high school. And! If they managed to get into top 5!"

My smile turned into a frown. "Please do make it into top 100. Baka. What you said is impossible for them to accomplish!" I crossed my arms and gave him a displeased look.

"If they are failures and trouble makers, then I won't support them. Especially an idiot!"

I stood up from my seat, turning my back at him and raising my hands up. I stared at the high ceiling as if looking directly at the sky, and dramatically exclaimed, "Okaa-sama, Otou-sama and Yukishiro's ancestors! Yuuichiro-niichan is not listening to my kind request! What he said is utterly impossible for those orphans to achieve! If he died, I'll mince his body as the underworld's special dish or—"

"—I got it. I got it," he heaved a sigh as I faced him again.

"If they made it to the top... 10."

I parted my lips and was about to say something again when he interrupted me, giving up. "Top 50. And that's final."

"Yey!" I beamed as he rested his head at the table between us. He muttered, "Ugh... If they got removed from Top 50 or caused a trouble, I'll stop supporting them."

"Thank you so much! I knew I can count on you, Yuuichiro-niichan!" I jumped in happiness.

I walked to the door with a happy expression. This'll be a good news for Sister Hana and for those children!

"Well then, thank you so much for lending me your ear and time and for granting my requests even though you're busy. I'll be leaving now!" I bowed.

"Wait!" Yuuichiro-niichan stopped me as I grabbed the doorknob.

I arched a brow at his direction, "Yes? If you changed your mind, I'll cut ties with you."

"C-Cut ties with me?! That's so cruel! Don't do that to your dearest big brother and listen to me...," he replied with crocodile tears as he stopped me from leaving his room.

✧༺♥༻✧

My eyes widened at his statement.

"To America?" I asked as I brought a hand near my mouth in shock.

Yuuichiro-niichan, in serious mode, nodded his head in confirmation.

I questioned, "Why are we going to America? Why do you want me to come with you? Ah. It's not like I don't want to come. I'm only curious."

He intertwined his fingers together and rested them on his lap, "Since I granted your request, you're going to grant mine, too. To be fair, of course."

"I see," I nodded, agreeing.

Then, he told me the reason, "We're going there next week to visit an old friend of our parents. And I'm the uncle of his child. We weren't able to go there again since you lost your memories. But now, I think it's about time we go there."

'But what about the Orphanages and....'

He seemed to read my thoughts from my troubled expression, "It's needless to worry about other things. Our workers will handle it all."

"Yuuichiro-niichan, how long are we going to stay there? A week?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

The 18 years old student from Rakuzan High School did an eye-closed smile, "Until before the end of your summer break."

White (Kuroko no Basuke Fanfiction Reverse Harem)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें