#14: Not Over Yet

Dear Reader-san.... I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATING! T^T I've been busy from school, club activities, school events, exams, quizes, etc., that I had no time making a chapter.
(。>﹏<。) Please forgive me!

By the way, Today's (Oct. 22) and it's my 20th birthday! 🎉 I'm getting old lol!

Anyway ,enjoy the chapter 14!!

⚠Warning: Violence ahead!

(Koizumi Tsubaki/Yukishiro Himeko's POV)

"Seijuro-san?" I said in surprise. I noticed that he was trying to suppress the trembling of his body.

'Akashi Seijuro... is trembling? Ah. That's right. He's still a child so he must be scared. He pushed down his emotions so it won't get in his way and rule over him, and he's always wearing a composed look at any situation.'

I pressed my lips together, 'Just how Masaomi raised him to be like this? Maybe it was normal for the Akashi household to do that, but isn't that too much for a mere 6 years old child?'

I patted and gently rubbed his back in  comforting manner because that's all I can do for him to calm him down.

For a few moments we stayed like that.

"Seijuro-san...?"

He finally let go and gave some space between us. "I apologize. That must've been made you uncomfortable."

"Um, no worries. It's okay," I assured him.

My face suddenly heated up again when he took me by my hand and began to pull me with him as we tried to find the exit.

'Seijuro-san, your fans will be jealous for sure if they learned about this....'

As we were about to head to the first floor, we stopped and hid behind the wall when we saw two persons sitting at the downstairs comfortably while smoking. They were having a conversation. We listen.

"That guy," one of them grumbled, moving the cigarette away from his mouth and exhaled the smoke, "does he thinks I agreed that our shares would be 10% (Note: Hitsugi promised that each of his acquaintances who helped him do the kidnapping ,each of them will have 10% shares.) while 40% goes to him? Such a greedy man."

"He said that he'll use the money to save his youngest daughter named Erika or somethin'. You know, he's just going to waste the money! Can't he just replace and make another one?"

They both laughed as if they find it hilarious.

As I held myself, I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists.

Once we got the money," one of them took out a weapon, a gun, and sneered, "we'll kill him off, and the money will be mine— I mean, ours, of course."

I leaned onto the wall as I tried to control my anger that was building up inside me.

I recalled Hitsuji-san's genuine words....

".... cure.... To cure my youngest daughter. "

"I need the money today."

"My wife and my other children who have better jobs won't even help me!"

"You guys have lots and lots of money to buy expensive, useless stuffs, but you won't help those who need help!!"

*Flashback #1*

"Manager!"

Sakura, a 2nd year high school student, knelt on the ground and bowed her head till her forehead touches the ground. "Please...! I'm begging you! Please let me work here!"