#1: Starting Today I Am Himeko

(Koizumi Tsubaki's POV)

With a jolt, I woke up, seeing an unfamiliar ceiling. Σ(゜゜)

I sighed in relief. 'I thought I was a goner. What just happened? Wait....' I sat up on the...bed?

'Where on earth am I? Did I fainted and someone brought me here?' I noticed that it was already day time. I looked around the room.

'It's 3x times wider than my apartment!!Σ(゚Д゚;)'

There are stuffed toys at the corner of the room & other toys for girls. 'Man, I've always wanted to have a human-sized teddy bear back when I was little.'

There are also other things necessary in a room for someone and stuffs. 'It's like a room of an Ojou-sama! It's so cute! But... I wonder who owns this room? It seems that this isn't a guest room. & what house did they brought me in?'

Abruptly, the door of the room opened, revealing a woman in her early 20s wearing a maid uniform as she closed the door behind her. She froze when she saw me and she seemed relief.

'Wo—w. If there's a maid... Does that means that this house isn't just an ordinary house!?'(。>‿‿<。

She bowed gracefully with a kind smile. "I'm so glad you're awake. How are you feeling?" She questioned and continued. "Yuuichiro-sama was worried about you when you fainted."

'"Yuuichiro-sama"? That must be the one who helped me.'

"I'm fine," I told her—in a voice I do not recognized as my own. 'Eh?' My right hand reached up to touch my throat. 'There's something wrong with my voice. I think I've heard it somewhere before...'

I focused my attention to the lady, my voice can wait. I bowed, still sitting on the bed. "Thank you for the hospitality." I asked, tilting my head to the other side, "By the way, miss... Where am I?"

"E—h!!??"

The maid looked shock and turned pale as she stared at me with wide eyes, a horrified look was plastered on her pretty face.

'...What? Do I have something on my face? I hope it's not a spider... Please no.' I got off the bed as I arched a brow to her. 'Hm?' I felt like I shrunk.  Literally. "Himeko-sama, did you hit your head when you fainted!?" The maid looked panicked for a reason.

"Erm... No? And who's "Himeko"?"

'Oh,no. I'm feeling a bit dizzy. Is it because I stood up so sudden?' I leaned onto the side of the queen sized bed for a support. The maid was about to approach me but I stopped her by stretching out my hand to her direction, saying that I'm all right.

...That's when I noticed something. My hand...is so small. Almost like a child's. I brought my hands in front of me as my eyes went wide. 'They're so small.' I looked down, 'So does my feet.'

I looked around the room and spotted a a long standing mirror. I rushed to it's direction, stumbling twice.

"Himeko-sama...!?"

Ignoring the maid's call, I faced the mirror and examined my form. In disbelief, I eyed myself through the mirror. The 'little girl' from the mirror, probably at age of 3 or 4 or so, looked back at me as though she had received such a lethal blow that she was barely able to absorb what she had saw. I touched my face. The little girl in the mirror mimicked what I did at the same time I moved. The little girl has the face of an angel— so innocent and I felt like I wanted to protect her from the outside world to keep her safe. She has smooth, straight white hair that reaches to her shoulders, big eyes like the silvery moon and skin as pale as the dead.