The Diamond Kahuna

The Next Day,Damie was going to face Olivia in her Grand Trial but he had to do something first.

Kuani had met up with him after completing Mallow's trial,saying that she wanted him to meet a friend of her's and seeing that he had some time to kill,Damie obliged.

He was now in the Dimensional Research Lab on the third floor,there he found Kuani,Lillie and the lady he was told about...

Kuani:This here's Professor Burnet. She runs the Dimensional Research Lab,yeah...

Damie:I have a feeling you two go way back.

Burnet:You're Damie,right? Lillie told me about you. She said you were the reliable sort.

Damie nods.

Burnet:Three months ago...I found Lillie lying on a beach. Cosmog in her bag also unconscious. Hm? No Hau today?

Kuani:Hau? He's out doing his own thing. But he'll be the real deal someday...He could even become a kahuna,just like old Hala before him.

Speaking of Hau...

Hau:You really think so?!

Damie gets startled by him shouting while running in. 

Kuani:Whoa-oh! Well,yeah,I really do. 

Burnet:Good to see you again,Hau! It's been a while since I last saw you. 

Kuani:Anyhow,I brought Damie here because I wanted you to tell him about some of the mysterious phenomena here in Alola.

Burnet:I'd be happy to! The mysteries of Alola,huh? Then you've got to mean...the Ultra Wormhole!

Damie:Ultra Wormhole?

Burnet:It's extremely rare,but sometimes a hole opens in the sky over Alola. It appears that this rift leads to a different and unknown dimension. The reason that people think there are may be a mysterious dimension is because of the legends of fearsome Pokemon appearing from the Ultra Wormhole.

Burnet:It's very weak proof,but I can't ignore it. There is also plenty of evidence already in the Pokedex for the existence of different dimensions,right?

Damie(Thoughts):So,what Zinnia said was true.

Hau:Fearsome Pokemon...?

Burnet:Even normal wild Pokemon sometimes attack people,right? But the Pokemon that appeared from the Ultra Wormhole went way beyond that. They were called Ultra Beasts...And they were feared. 

Burnet:If the stories are to be believed,the guardian deities of the islands fought desperately against them. But like I said,it's all legends and folktales. It's hard to know how much it true. 

Burnet:But I would be very happy if I could somehow unravel the mysteries of the Ultra Wormhole by studying the dimensional disturbances! 

Burnet:We've recorded several known relationships between Pokemon and different dimensions in books. You can find them on the bookshelf in this lab.