Girl of Fiery Passion

Damie went back to Mauville City and took everyone to Lavaridge Town,the location of the next gym.

Upon entering said gym,he saw it was like a hot spring maze with multiple wooden boards on the floor.

Sparky went over to one of the boards to see what it did.

When he stood on it,though,he fell in since the board was a trap door.

Damie ran over to makes sure his friend was all right,but fell into the hole in the process.

Once at the bottom,Damie hugged Sparky making sure he was fine and then continuing on with the puzzle.

They reached the end and saw the Gym Leader of the springs.

She seemed nervous and began talking to herself. 

Fire girl:Alright,Flannery. Don't panic. You can do this. Your totally gonna burn down the competition.

She inhales and exhales then turns around to see Damie causing her cheeks to turn red.

Flannery(Thoughts):Oh no,he's too cute! Keep it together. Just speak up and say something.

Flannery:WELCOME! 

Damie looks shaken by the shout and Flannery just looks even more embarrassed from scaring her new crush.

Flannery:No,wait. I mean...Puny Trainer,you've done well to make it this far! Let's see. I'm,uh,honored to be serving as the Gym Leader of...No,I mean...I'm Flannery,and I'm in charge here! 

She then thinks for a second.

Flannery(Thoughts):This isn't going well. How can I impress him? Uh,maybe this?

Flannery:Uh...You better not underestimate me just 'cause I've only been Leader a short time! With the skills inherited from my grandfather,I'm gonna,uh,demonstrate the hot moves we've honed on this land! Haiyaaaaaaa!

Damie seems amused by her attempt to look cool and giggles before pulling out Echo's ball.

Flannery sends out a Slugma who gets hit by Mud Bomb.

Slugma then uses Light Screen to increase its Special Defense.

It didn't stop Echo as he just used Rock Slide to take down his target.

Flannery's next Pokemon is a tortoise called Torkoal.

Echo uses Water Gun to do big damage while it uses Curse to boost and hinder itself.

Echo just uses another Water Gun to finish it off.

Flannery's last Pokemon was a small camel named Numel,but with Echo out in battle it was basically a done deal.

The red-haired girl looked upset with herself by looking down.

Flannery:Oh...I guess I was trying too hard...