Rustboro Rumble

The duo arrive at Rustboro City,which wasn't very big but was important since that's where the first gym was.

They then see Brenda walk out of a Pokemart.

Damie runs up to her and wave.

Brenda:Hey guys. Glad to see you've made it to Rustboro City,too. It's a real city,huh? Nothing like Littleroot. 

May:It sure is.

Brenda:By the way,did you know? There's a Pokemon Gym here,too. Soon as I get more Pokemon,I'll be trying my team against it!

Damie says something on his pad.

"Wish you luck."

Brenda:Oh,Damie! You're so flattering and nice! I'm turning red here,it's too much. But,thanks. See ya!

She runs off to the other end of the city.

May:Say,Damie. Why don't you challenge the gym first?

He turns to her with a concerned look.

May:Don't worry. I was just getting myself prepared for this since it's my first time,if you wanna find me,I'll be in the Trainer's School,okay?

Damie understands and nods.

May:Great. Do your best. 

She then goes to the school while Damie stands in his spot thinking about the gym.

After a brainstorming session,he decides to go to the gym to challenge Roxanne.

Once he enters he sees a large room with one half as a museum while the other was the gym.

???:Hello.

He looks to the voice and sees the leader of the gym.

Roxanne:You must be a new challenger. I am Roxanne,the Rustboro City Pokemon Gym Leader. I became a Gym Leader so that I may apply in battle all that I've learned at the Pokemon Trainers' School.

Damie nods.

Roxanne:If you defeat me in a Pokemon battle,I'll present you with a Gym Badge as proof of your strength as a Trainer. Please take up the challenge. I look forward to seeing you as a challenger. 

The turquoise trainer nods and puts up a stance.

Roxanne slightly blushes but shakes it off.

Roxanne:Until then,farewell. 

She then goes to the gym area and awaits for Damie's arrival.

He decides to train up Echo by using him the most in the gym against the trainers.

After beating them all,he comes to Roxanne.

Roxanne:Just as I expected...I knew you and your Pokemon would be able to get this far. Now,would you kindly demonstrate how you battle with your Pokemon?