Chapter 46 - Trouble... : Sounds?

Start from the beginning

After a few good long turns, the hallway came to an end, now revealing a long downward staircase.

I started heading down before I realized just how long the staircase is.

I stopped a few steps down and thought of a plan.

I used my powers and made a small, surfboard-like plank of wood, and used it to ride all the way down the stairs. It was honestly the most fun I'd had in a bit.

At least, it was fun until I realized how fast I was going and I couldn't stop myself without losing a limb to the stairs.

I contained the urge to scream and as I hit the bottom, I immediately ran straight into a wall, shattering the board.

!THUD!

I stood up, fumbling around and trying to stand without being dizzy. After a moment, I remembered why I was running and held my head as I continued down the hallway.

~~~

After god knows how long I was running, I happened upon a door, and my senses were going haywire. All I could hear were my thoughts screaming at me to head back and run away, but I was frozen.

I needed to do this, for Robin, so I slowly opened the door as silently as I could.

Inside the room were tons of supply boxes. Crates of what I'm assuming are guns, food, and ammunition.

I hesitantly walked inside, realizing the room was only half full, so it must be a spare storage room.

"Fancy meeting you here."

I almost pissed myself at the sudden deep voice in the room.

I immediately got on my guard and searched around the room, recognizing the voice.

"How did you know I was coming?!" I barked once I saw the figure of Lucci sitting on top of one of the crates smugly.

"Hunch. I'm an assassin as well, so I can spot another when I see it." He said as he stood up, not coming to the floor from the crates.

I remembered back to when I was beating up Spanda, that no one was allowed to hit me, but I still stood my guard, knowing that this guy's ambition was 'Blood'.

'Also, he knows I was an assassin, so he knows my normal speed and agility are slightly higher than others, but I know a lot about his abilities as well. The only problem is, I don't have as much experience.'

"Now, I have a question." He spoke, pulling me from my thoughts," Why did you come alone? I'm sure you know I could beat you." He looked genuinely curious.

I decided, instead of lying, I might as well humor him, "I wasn't expecting a one-on-one fight, let alone with you. I was planning to retrieve Robin and then deal with you."

I also decided to leave out the fact that Luffy was coming and that I technically wasn't alone, counting my captain.

He started chuckling, then it merged into an eruption of laughter, with him almost falling over. I gritted my teeth.

Once he stopped, he looked at me, "So your 'crew' sent the weakest member to fight the strongest person on the island? I thought you were supposed to be smart?" He mocked with the same maniacal grin as before.

"You're not the strongest on the island. Not anymore, now that Luffy is here." I shakily grinned, causing him to sneer, making me jump a little.

Before my brain registered, he was gone and the next thing I knew, someone was behind me, a finger pushed into my back lightly.