chapter sixty seven

Start from the beginning

The song ended and I slumped back in my chair, rubbing my hands down my face and a little yawn slipped past my lips. Tour officially started tomorrow and I was working on a song, having it all done it just was missing something.

"What do you guys think?" I asked my sister and Travis who were in the room with me.

"It's gonna be amazing playing this live." The drummer smirked.

"I just feel like it's missing something." I breathed, chewing on my nails and Beca pinched my arm.

"Don't bite your nails." Beca shot me a look and I gave her the same one back, sitting up a little in the leather office chair.

"You used to bite your nails all the time, jerk."

"Maybe it needs a feature?" Travis cut into our sibling banter.

As he said those words, it was like a lightbulb went off in my head and it made sense. It had to be the right person though.

"A feature would really make this song. You got anyone in mind?" I asked him and a sly grin curled up his lips. Travis Barker had all the connections.

"I got someone in my mind."

"Cool. Then I think we're done for the day." I looked over towards Beca and she nodded, agreeing. We all packed up our things, cleaned up any trash we had and made sure we turned all the equipment off and said our goodbyes.

Leaving the studio, Beca nor I expected to get bombarded by John and Gail, the hosts for the acapella competitions and had a podcast thing on the side. Gail was carrying around a tall boom mic and John had a filming camera.

"Just keep walking." Beca told me with some annoyance laced in her tone.

"We're following Beca Mitchell, a former Barden Bella all-star, winning the worlds a year ago. She's accompanied by her rockstar sister, Y/n Mitchell who leaves for her first ever sold out tour, tomorrow."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise as I turned around to face them, "My tour sold out?" Before turning to look at Beca, "My tour sold out! Did you know?" I asked, feeling giddy and ecstatic if the fact was true.

Beca chuckled, "No I didn't know. I would have told you if I did."

"I gotta call Trav and Chloe and Meg- I uh," Cleared my throat, not sure if she heard my little slip up, "Why are they following us?"

"We're making a documentary on the Barden Bella's! It's gonna be a doc series!" Gail answered my question all too excitedly.

I chuckled, nudging Beca, both of us looking at each other and thinking the same thing, "You know you guys are no better than the paparazzi that follow me around. Good luck with the doc series but we gotta go."

Beca and I took off running fast and John and Gail were screaming to catch up while the two of us just laughed.

"You can't get rid of us! We're gonna stick to you like a camel toe on a fat woman!" John screamed while Beca and I ducked into the front doors of her apartment building.

We were coming down from our laughter as she pressed the elevator button and seconds later the doors opened. Part of me had a fear of elevators having seen so many movie deaths caused because of them. The other part of me knew that we'd be just fine as I pushed the button for her floor. Both of us leaned back against the elevator wall and caught our breath. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes for a few moments.

"I'm sorry." Beca spoke softly. I opened my eyes and looked at her, smiling softly and shaking my head.

"For what? Gail and John? Paps act like that all the time. It's-"

"I'm sorry for always taking Chloe's side when you lost the baby and for when you guys broke up. It wasn't fair to you. You lost something too and I wasn't there for you like I should have been. Chloe already had Aubrey. I guess maybe I felt obligated? I don't know if that's the right word.. To clean up your mess for her." Beca sighed and shook her head, "I'm glad you had Megan and Travis."

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, letting us onto Beca's floor. I didn't say anything, I wasn't sure what to even say. Yeah I did my sister during that time and I am very thankful for the people I had around me, but it comforted me in a way knowing that Chloe had so many people around her that loved her. I knew if she had them then she was going to be alright.

My sister looked up at me with watery eyes and I pulled her into a hug, something that we rarely seemed to do. It felt nice. We both hugged each other tightly, holding one another close even as an elderly woman got inside and the doors shut.

"I love you, Bex. We're gonna be okay now." I whispered.

We got off on the next floor and took the stairs back down to her floor, giving us more time to talk and laugh with one another. We didn't do much when we got back to her place. We made food and put on Scream, the 1996 version and I must have fallen asleep not too far into the movie because I woke up and Chloe was calling me.

"Hey baby." I answered, stretching my arms above my head and yawning.

"Hey, sleepyhead. I'm dropping off Aubrey and wanted to tell you I'll be there in a few minutes." Chloe said.

I sat up on the couch and ran my fingers through my hair, "Okay baby girl. I'll make sure my shoes are on."

The woman giggled through the speakers and I smiled sleepily. I nudged Beca awake and told her that her girl was on her way home. It didn't take long for them to arrive and head up to the apartment. Before Chloe and I headed out, Aubrey said she had something she wanted to talk to me about and we went out in the hall.

"You're not taking me out here to murder me and have your military father cover up right?" I asked.

Aubrey shook her head, not getting riled up at my banter like she usually does, "I actually wanted to ask you for your blessing to marry Beca. She makes me really really happy and I just want to give her everything in life. I'm ready to start this next chapter in our lives and I know it may seem fast but.. When you know, you know."

"Ain't that the damn truth." I smiled, thinking of Chloe at that moment, "Alright Aubrey, you have my blessing to marry my sister."

"Thank you, y/n." Aubrey smiled at me with watery eyes and I smiled back. They both deserved nothing but happiness.

"Can't wait to see you at all the family functions for the rest of my life." I winked, grabbing Chloe and saying our goodnights before we left.

As soon as we got out into the hall, it only took one look for Chloe and I to burst out in squeals of happiness because we both knew what was coming soon.

"I'm kinda sad though, I thought we'd be getting married first." Chloe pouted at me before sticking her fingers up my asshole and running down the hall.

"Chloe!" I yelled, taking off after her firebrand ass.

a/n: getting into the third movie in the next chapter. ngl pp3 isn't my favorite movie so i don't think it'll be as long as the other ones were. the book is wrapping things up steadily and it wont be long before it's over. i'm definitely gonna miss it.

thanks for reading!