chapter thirteen

YOUR POV:

Figuring out what a riff off was when you go to a college that does a cappella wasn't hard at all. Everyone was talking about it because it was an excuse to get super drunk and or high all night.

My outfit was pretty simple, some black and white plaid pants with a black sweatshirt and some old school black and white vans. Once I left my dorm, I followed a few people towards the empty pool where they held the competition.

I scanned the area and caught sight of Beca, Chloe, Aubrey and the other girls. If I was being honest, the real reason I was here was because I was worried about Chloe. I felt like a dick for just leaving her at the hospital but I mean she had her friends there. I just didn't want her to hurt herself in case her throat wasn't fully healed.

"Welcome to the riff-off! Our 17th annual singing elimination contest. The winning team wins the greatest prize of all." The chubby man said with a smile, holding up a microphone, "The microphone used by Hoobastank when they rocked out at the Schnee Performing Arts Center."

At his words the groups in the pool, and even a few outside the pool, went crazy.

"To win, you must steal the song away from the group that is singing by picking off a word of their song and making it the first word of yours. If you can't think of a song, you are..." he clapped twice, "cut off. If you repeat a song, you are..."

The crowd clapped and said cut off again. I glanced back down at the Bella's and my sister was looking around when we locked eyes. She gave me a surprised look before nudging Chloe and the red head turned, not finding me at first. When she couldn't find me, Beca rolled her eyes and turned Chloe's head in my direction. The ginger smiled big, her arm shooting up and she waved at me.

I laughed to myself, waving back before Aubrey snapped at Chloe and Chloe frowned before paying attention.

The category "Ladies of the 80s" was chosen and the treble makers started it off.

— • —

"Why didn't you tell me you were here??" Chloe frowned, coming up to me and instantly grabbing my hand.

"Well I didn't want to ruin the surprise." I cheesed.

"Probably because it was a last minute decision and she felt like an asshole." Aubrey snarked back and I just looked at her.

"Thanks Aubrey." Chloe sighed, and I squeezed her hand a little to let her know I was there.

"Okay but is anyone gonna talk about the fact that my sister just had an epic rap battle of history?" I joked, nudging my sister as we all started walking away from the pool.

Beca tried not to smile, "Yeah I know I'm the shit."

"We lost." Aubrey huffed, "And I'm not drunk to forget about it."

"So drinks on Aubrey?" Fat Amy said.

"I'm sorry I just left yesterday." I mumbled, Chloe and I trailing behind the rest of the group.

Chloe sighed, "it made me sad. I know something was going through your head and I want you to know you can be honest with me. You can trust me with your heart and your feelings."

My heart skipped a beat at her words. I hated how well Chloe and I fit together, our personalities, the way her hand fit in mine, even the way we fucked. We both just got each other and I hated it but I loved it.

"You're amazing." I breathed.

Chloe flipped her hair dramatically, "I know."

We both laughed and when we made it to the bar, Aubrey ordered a round of drinks and the group split up a little. Chloe and I found a booth and I took the inside while she scooted in next to me, curling into my chest with her back to me as my arm draped across her front.