chapter twenty two

YOUR POV:

A happy music beat broke through the nice dream I was having and I opened my eyes sigh a frown on my face to see Chloe's phone lit up and ringing. Chloe groaned and buried her head in my chest further.

"Make it stop." She huffed tiredly, turning over and reaching for her phone.

"Hello?" She mumbled into the phone, turning back towards me and cuddling into me more. A smile made its way onto my face and I put my head over hers, faintly heading Aubrey's voice through the speaker.

A few words were said and I felt Chloe's body melt more into mine and she sighed heavily, "We'll be there."

I closed my eyes and sighed myself, wanting to just take naps with Chloe and fuck all day. Considering that's what we were doing. Chloe ended the call and looked up at me and kissed my lips softly.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Aubrey's just upset."

I hummed, pushing some hair behind her ear when she looked at me. I offered her a weak smile and we both got out of bed and took a few minutes to wake up. When we did, we headed off to the Bela meeting with Chloe on my back. I felt bad because I knew she was tired, they all were. With college work and the way Aubrey was pushing them all, she was exhausted. But I knew she loved this and wouldn't ever stop doing it and I was happy to support.

Once we got there, we took a seat next to the others in the chairs while Aubrey stood with her arms on her hips.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly," she cleared her throat, "I've called this emergency Bellameeting because our score sheet revealed that The Sockappellas almost beat us. We need to bust our asses if we're going to make it to the finals."

"Or try a new approach." My sister rolled her eyes.

"Enough with that, Beca." Aubrey snapped back.

"Wait, listen, the reason why we almost lost to sock puppets is because they took a risk. Being good isn't enough to win. They only let us do these things because we're a joke to them."

"Beca's right. The Trebles never sing the same song twice." Cynthia commented.

"The audience loves the Trebles. They tolerate us. Aubrey, we could seriously change the face of a cappella if you would just let me teach you my music!" My sister huffed, becoming angry and Aubrey's cheeks started to become fed the more angry she became.

"You've caused enough distractions for one night. I have the pitch pipe, and I say we focus on the set list." Aubrey growled.

Beca scoffed under her breath, "Guess you'll just go down in history as the girl who threw up on stage and couldn't keep an a cappella group together to save your life."

The blondes nostrils flared and you could tell she was biting her tongue to stop herself from saying what she wanted fo say. She took a breath before speaking at an even tone, " From now on, we eat, sleep, and pee rehearsal. No more wasting our time with work, school, relationships..."

She sent Chloe and I a look and I mouthed the words 'Fuck You'.

"Last year we were the first all female group to get to the finals. I promise you that I'll get us back there again." She said she was more so trying to convince herself. I think the others had kinda gave up on that idea.

"I don't know. Maybe Beca --" my girlfriend piped up but Aubrey held up the 'zip it' gesture and Chloe cowered.

"Let's get started."

— • —

BECA'S POV:

After our performance, we all went backstage and I could tell Aubrey was pissed I started to sing and do a slight mashup. It was only to keep the judges entertained since they were dozing off during the song they already heard us sing.

"What the hell, Beca, were you trying to screw us up?" Aubrey snapped.

I scoffed, "Are you serious? The Trebles, including Jesse, stop to listen."

"Well news flash, this isn't the Beca show!"

"Hey, in case you hadn't noticed, everyone pretty much dozed off during our set!" I snapped back.

"It's not up to you to decide what we do and when we do it-"

"Yeah because nobody gets any say at all. We're not a cult, Aubrey. You're not our supreme leader where we have to do everything you say." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, then why don't you ask the rest of the group how they felt about your little improvisation?" She clenched her jaw and I looked towards the rest of the girls and they all shuffled awkwardly.

"Fat Amy?" I asked, becoming frustrated.

"I mean, it was cool and all, but... I guess it sorta took us a little by surprise." The Aussie said, trying not to look at me.

"A lot by surprise." Aubrey hummed before turning to Chloe, "I told you she wasn't a Bella."

"Aubrey don't-" Chloe tried to defend me.

"It's okay, Chloe. I mean... You don't actually think you have a say in the group, do you?" I replied sarcastically.

Aubrey's nostrils flared, "Your attitude sucks, you're a Grade A pain in the ass, and who the fuck leaves someone waiting in a restaurant for twenty minutes?!"

"Tea." One of the girls coughed and I could see a smirk on Chloe's face before she started typing away on her phone, most likely sending a text to my sister.

"I said I was sorry! You said you enjoyed yourself!"

"Yeah, after they told me I could take the bread basket to go!"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. I'm done with this group and I'm done with you." I ripped off the yellow ascot and threw it at her before leaving the building.

I pulled out my phone and on the second ring, my sister answered.

"What's up guttersnipe." She rasped.

"I need a drink. You want to go to a club with me? I know a place."

"Sure. I'll meet you at your dorm in ten."

"Okay." I smiled softly, feeling a little better that I knew I could vent to my sister. I needed a night with just her and me.