chapter sixty one

YOUR POV:

COPENHAGEN - DAY

My sister was holding a map in her hands, me standing next to her holding the umbrella so neither of us would get rained on. Chloe was clung to my side with my arm wrapped around her and every so often I would kiss the top of her head or she would kiss my chest.

"Okay, is there a restaurant in this town that serves something other than fish?" Beca asked, scrunching up her nose.

"I did see a KFC back there." Emily gestured behind her.

"Nope. All fish. I checked." Beca grimaced.

We continued walking down the stone path through the town and Chloe's baby blue eyes lit up as she left my side, spinning around on the path like she was a princess in a Disney movie.

"Woo hoo!" She cheered, looking so carefree and not a worry on her face, "College graduate! Spread my wings!"

"There's so many fresh danishes here. I swear if I wasn't recently locked down, I would tear a hole through this city." Fat Amy said dramatically, moving her arms around.

Flo shook her head, her tight curls shaking with her, "This place is so smelly and rainy. Why would anyone ever leave America?"

"Culture, design, history." I shrugged, listing off a few reasons. I kept my eyes on Chloe as she danced about in the light sprinkles of rain. She really knew how to make someone smile just by being herself. I was very much so in love with this girl.

Eventually she came back to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, making us stop while the others kept walking.

"Say I'm a bird!" Chloe giggled, quoting the notebook as she began to flap her arms around, spinning in circles around my body, "Say it! Say it now!"

I smiled softly, amused and in love much like Noah from the movie, "You're a bird."

Chloe grinned, stopping in front of me with a giggle, "Now say you're a bird too."

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird." I spoke softly, finishing the famous quote by Nicholas Sparks.

"Guys! Check it out!" Beca called, capturing our attention. Chloe and I walked back to the group, seeing the outdoor stage flanked by lots of international flags, some tents and tall towers of amps. They had stagehands and vendors set up, awaiting the massive crowd already forming for the upcoming event.

"Well, here we are." Chloe breathed.

"Is the stage big enough for what we wanna do?" You think it'll work?" Emily asked my sister as the girls all turned and looked at eachother, ultimately focusing on Beca.

"It'll work for us. That's all that matters." Beca nodded before we started walking closer to get a better look, the girls all giddy and excited.

THIRD PERSON POV:

"Here it is folks. The granddaddy of them all." John spoke enthusiastically into the microphone, "The World Series, the Olympics, the "Lost" finale all wrapped up in this one night...The World Championship of A Cappella!"

Gail smiled into the camera, "Tonight, groups from all over the globe duke it out for the coveted title of Aca World Champion."

John turned his gaze away from his co-star and towards the camera to speak, "Representing America are the embattled Barden Bellas."

"The Bellas are making one last attempt to repair their damaged legacy by becoming the first American team to claim the title. You think they can do it, John?"

"In theory, yes. Realistically? No. Those girls are dead to me."

Backstage Emily was pacing around trying to shake off the jitters when y/n walked in, looking for Emily. Y/n tapped the freshman on the shoulder, not meaning to scare the brunette.

"Jesus, you scared me!" Emily jumped, holding her chest.

"Sorry. The girls were looking for you so I came to find you. You okay?" Y/n asked.

"I'm so freakin' nervous." Emily gasped, rubbing her sweaty palms on her dark, slim fitting jeans.

Y/n gave her a reassuring smile, "Don't be. You'll be awesome. You've worked so hard and it doesn't go unnoticed. Just pretend you're back in the booth with Travis, Beca and I listening on the other side. You got this, Junk."

Emily smiled, her anxiety calming down some, "Thanks, y/n. I appreciate it."

"Anytime. Now let's get back to the girls."

— • —

Das Sound Machine was up on stage and the Bella's were after. They were all nervous, watching the large German group perform complicated dance moves, constantly moving, twisting and turning their bodies. They performed flawlessly. They mashed up Fall Out Boy's song 'My songs know what you did in the dark' and DJ Kahleds song 'All I Do Is Win'. To put the cherry on the top of the cake, they had amazing visuals to stand in front of. At the end of their set, they all struck a final pose, hitting the ending music not perfectly and the crowd lost it.

The Bella's all huddled together in a circle one last time to gather themselves. This was it.

"This is it. Our last performance." Beca breathed.

The ladies held on tight to each other, each feeling bittersweet about the whole thing and Chloe was near sobbing.

"We need to go out there and beat DSM. This ones for us!" Chloe sniffled.

Fat Amy gulped, starting to get choked up, "Guys, there's going to be some haters out there. They are going to look at us -- Team USA -- and wonder why is the most talented one Australian." She then hit her belly hard, sniffling, "Well I'm fat so that is close enough. We are going to show them who we are -- a bunch of ethnically diverse, for the most part feminine, amazing singers! Let's go out there and Ac' the world!"

The girls all let out a collective cheer, feeling more than hyped up and ready to kill their set.

"Next up, representing the United States, please welcome the Barden Bellas!" The Emcee announced and each girl walked out on stage, y/n and chloe saying a quick I love you.

Gail sucked in a breath as the entire arena went silent, "John, it's possible we're watching the last hurrah of the Barden Bellas."

John nodded in agreement, "It's going to be very difficult for them to pull this off. But if they don't, it is over."

Here we go.