chapter fifty seven

YOUR POV:

I woke up to the slight hum of the bus engine and my name being whispered softly in my ear. Fingers were threading themselves in my soft hair and I looked up to see Chloe looking down at me, my head in her lap. I grinned, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"We're here baby." Chloe cooed. I sat up with a small sigh, slightly exhausted and wanting to just put my head back in her lap and have her fingers running through my hair lull me to sleep. I put my head on her shoulder and wrapped my arms around her waist and the woman giggled softly.

"I'm tired baby." I whined.

Chloe frowned, "I know baby. We can go and find Aubrey and go and see our room and you can take a nap."

I nodded and followed the others off the bus, seeing the resort building that was on a beautiful lake. There was a forest green welcome sign with white arrows pointing out the resort's features: reception, spa, pool, lake, guest rooms. A smaller, yellow sign with black writing read: BEAR BEWARE! DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS.

"It's so beautiful." Emily cooed.

"Is this what America was like before rock and roll? Sorry y/n." Flo smiled sheepishly at me.

Beca looked around concerned, not looking too thrilled to be out in the wilderness, "I need to find somewhere to charge my laptop."

We rounded the corner, taking the paved path towards the resort building when Beca physically bumped into Aubrey. Beca was thrown a little off balance since she was clutching her laptop and Aubrey reached out to steady her. The two woman took a step away from each other clearing their throat.

"Hello Bella's!" Aubrey grinned, "Y/n."

"Aubrey." I nodded curtly.

"I hope you're doing well."

"Unfortunately I'm still a jackass but I have made amends with Chloe and for her sake I am doing better."

Aubrey hummed, nodding her head and when she turned back to the girls, minus Beca, everyone was yelling out hello's and I miss you's.

"Ladies! Keep it down. Nothing attracts bears more than the squeals of young women." Aubrey hushed them and they quieted down real quick, Chloe grabbing my arm and putting it around her shoulders.

"So what now?" Beca shifted on her feet.

"Welcome to The Lodge at Fallen Leaves! Where the corporate world sends its marketing divisions and digital groups to build teamwork skills. I realized I had a knack for barking orders and bending people's will so I made a career out of it. Which reminds me...  Fall in line, Bellas! No slouching, no straggling!" Aubrey barked orders at the end, catching everyone including me, off guard and they did as she asked. Beca and I didn't, looking at each other and I knew we were thinking the same thing.

"Beca Renee Mitchell!" Aubrey barked out my sister's government name and Beca fell in line real quick. It was kind of amusing to watch and we all knew that Aubrey was the top in their relationship.

"Fall in line, y/n."

I snorted, "respectfully Private, I'm just here for moral support."

"That's captain to you. I should make you clean the toilets for talking back." Aubrey looked at me, putting her arms behind her back and I think she decided that arguing with me wasn't worth her time, "It was with great sorrow and regret that I watched our once proud organization become a national disgrace. Fat Amy, how do you feel knowing Obama saw
your business? Obama."

The aussie crumbled under the pressure and gaze from the blonde woman standing in front of her with a look of utter disgust, "It was terrible. He was staring right at it."