chapter fifty five

CHLOE'S POV:

"There's a full house out there!" Emily gulped as I checked myself over in the mirror, fixing my sparkly golden jacket. I was excited and nervous, knowing we had a lot of new stuff and it was going to be a big act, and if we could nail it all down without any slip ups then we were making it to Worlds. We've worked too hard not to. 

"How did we get this gig, again?" Emily continued, looking pale as a ghost sitting in the makeup chair next to me.

"They called us." I shrugged.

"You know what, guys? I know we're trying a lot of new stuff, but I feel like we're going to get out there, feel the energy, and we're just going to nail all of it!" Beca grinned widely and full of excitement before wincing and gagging at her expression of happiness, "Sorry, these braids are so tight."

I smiled a little at her before shaking my head, falling into the makeup chair next to her, "I don't know. I have many doubts. We'll fail here, we won't win the Worlds and then there will be no Bella's and then..." I started to hyperventilate a little, digging my nails into my thighs, "My life. Will. Have had. No..."

"Malaria?" Flo asked.

"Menopause?" Fat Amy asked.

"Mitochondria? It's the powerhouse of a cell you know." Stacie smiled, proud of herself and we all looked at her with eyebrows furrowed, "What? I know some stuff bitches."

I shook my head, "Meaning. The word I was looking for was meaning. I'm sorry I'm just nervous, even more so since Y/n isn't here."

"We have a few minutes before the show if you want to call y/n." Beca smiled softly and I thought it was nice that she was trying to take care of me in her sister's current absence.

"It's okay. I'm just gonna breathe and try to be positive. I don't wanna bother her with my silly little issues." I cleared my throat in an attempt to stop the lump from forming as the tears pricked my eyes. Don't have an anxiety attack now.

The goth girl rolled her eyes and pulled her phone out, facetime y/n and gave me her phone and left to use the bathroom.

"Chlo." Y/n's voice rang out in a sing song and I snapped my eyes down to the screen, instantly smiling seeing her face.

"What's wrong baby? You look like you're gonna cry." Y/n frowned and my heart panged a little seeing her look so sad.

Quickly I shook my head and grabbed a tissue to dab my eyes with, being careful about my makeup, "It's just nerves is all. We have to nail this. It's every acapella singer's dream to go to worlds and I feel like if we don't make it then it will have all been for nothing."

"Have you had fun along the way?" The singer asked, rolling over in the bed in, what looked like, her trailer.

I nodded.

"Did you make memories to look back on when you're old and gray?"

I nodded again, the lump in my throat disappearing.

Y/n cracked a soft smile and it was as if she killed all my fears, "Then it hasn't been for nothing. You're all gonna kill it out there and everyone is going to love you. You're the Barden fucking Bella's. Say it."

"We're the Barden Bella's." I mumbled.

"Oh boo! Come on red, say it like you mean it!" Y/n said with more energy, "You're the Barden fucking Bella's!"

I giggled, "We're the Barden fucking Bella's!!" I yelled and all the girls joined in with happy, confident smiles on their faces.

"Damn right! That's my girl! Now go out there and show the people what they're missing. I love you."