chapter fifteen

BECA'S POV:

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked Aubrey as I came up on Chloes dorm. It had been more than an hour since y/n went and talked to Chloe and she wasn't answering her phone. I assumed it was a good thing but me being nosey, I wanted to know now.

"About twenty minutes." Aubrey replied shortly, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest.

"How's it going in there you think?"

"Well it's quiet."

"That's a good thing. If nobody has come storming out of that room the entire time you've been standing there, I'd say they're okay now."

"Maybe." Aubrey shot me a short glance before sighing heavily, "But you didn't see how broken Chloe looked."

"Trust me, y/n was a mess. Crack the door a little and we'll check on them."

"And if they're naked?" Aubrey's cheeks tinted a slight rosy color.

"Trust me, I've seen my sister naked more times than I'd like. She's not a ''put a sock on the door type person." I snickered, shuddering at the memories.

Taking a few steps towards the door, I grabbed the door handle and opened it slowly. Peaking my head in I smiled softly when I noticed both of them cuddled together tightly on her bed, sleeping soundly.

"I think they're okay." I grinned, shutting the door.

Aubrey nodded, "Well that's a relief."

I hummed, "Come on blondie, let's go and get some frozen yogurt."

YOUR POV:

My eyes peeled open slowly and I felt a weight curled against my side. I smiled when I noticed the familiar mop of red hair sprawled across the pillows.

"Good morning." Chloe smiled sleepily, her eyes still glazed over with sleep as she leaned up and kissed the underside of my jaw.

I giggled softly, grabbing my phone off the floor and checking the time, "more like afternoon. when's rehearsal?"

Chloe groaned a little, "At three."

"We have just over an hour before."

"But I wanna stay in bed with you all day." The redhead pouted, cuddling closer to my body.

"Sounds amazing." I breathed, my fingers dancing across her arm, "How about we get around, make it to rehearsal and then we can come back and have our date?"

"And what did you have in mind?" Chloe asked, resting her chin on my chest.

"I didn't have a plan as long as you were there." I cheesed.

"You're adorable." Chloe giggled.

I smiled wider, "I was thinking you and me, some junk food, and I have all the Twilight movies on DVD."

Chloe gave me heart eyes as she moved so she was now straddling my waist, her tiny hands curling into my sweatshirt, "Sounds absolutely perfect."

— • —

"Ladies, that was better but we have a long ways to go before Regionals. Chloe, you have to be able to hit that last note." Aubrey sighed, pushing some sweaty hair out of her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

"I can't. It's impossible." Chloe frowned, "because of my nodes I haven't been able to sing like I want."

"Well if you can't, then someone else needs to step up and solo." Aubrey shrugged.

"I think y/n should do it." Stacy said, shooting me a wink.

My eyes widened, "Uh, no. No offense by sexy flight attendant outfits aren't my thing."

"Beca should do it. She could take my solo." Chloe grinned, and I covered up my laugh with a cough.

"Beca could nail that shit!" Fat Amy grinned.

"Yeah Beca." I teased and my sister punched my arm in response.

"She'd never want to." Aubrey challenged and my sister raised an eyebrow towards her.

Here we go.

"Oh, I'll solo. On one condition." My sister smirked, "We pick a new song and I get to do the arrangement."

"That's not how we do things here." The blonde clenched her jaw.

"Aubrey, maybe Beca is right. Maybe we should try something new. I mean we do the same routine every year-" Chloe started but was cut off my Aubrey letting out the most dramatic gasp ever.

"Aca-what?!"

"The entire set is boring and tiresome. If you do the same set every year then people are going to get bored and will use our time on stage for them to take bathroom breaks. It's predictable and you're just gonna get the same score as last year. We won't win." My sister ranted off. "Look, if we pulled samples from different genres, we could make something fun and exciting. People will want to watch the Bella's-"

"Let me explain this to you because you still don't seem to understand. Our goal is to get back to the finals. These songs will get us there. So excuse me if I don't take advice from some alt girl with her Mad Lib beats when she's never even been in a competition. Have I made myself clear?" Aubrey snapped, her nostrils flaring and for a split second I thought my sister was going to punch her in the face.

The entire room was silent as we watched the interaction between the two females. Chloe looked nervous, her bottom lip between her teeth and she reached out and grabbed my hand for support.

"Crystal. Guess I won't solo." Beca said in an even tone.

"Good. Fat Amy?"

"Yes, sir?"

"You'll solo."

"Yes!"

After the interaction, Aubrey was only more angry and determined to work the girls to get ready for regionals. I could tell Chloe and the others were getting exhausted, but since the hospital incident and nodes, I could tell it was even more of a strain on Chloe.

"You holding up okay?"

Chloe smiled tiredly at me, "Yeah. Although if I'm being honest, I'm ready to go back to my dorm and have you cuddle me while we watch twilight."

I smiled, my heart beating faster in my chest, "I could definitely go for some spooning right about now."

"You know what they say, spooning leads to forking." Chloe smirked at me.

"Y/n! Stop distracting Chloe. We're trying to make history over here." Aubrey snapped, ruining the moment.

"Aubrey, the only thing you're making is these girls tired and angry. Don't you think it's time to call it a day so you all can get something called sleep?" I rolled my eyes.

Aubrey shifted on her feet and I knew she didn't like me snapping back at her but I couldn't find it in me to care.

"Fine, I'll call it. But I expect you all to be back here bright and early tomorrow."

a/n: so ngl I'm actually shipping Aubrey and Beca together. next chapter is gonna be the date with Chloe and I'm gonna try and make it as fluffy as I can :) thanks for reading