chapter twenty four

YOUR POV:

My leg taped up and down as Chloe and I waited in the doctor's office to see if she was really pregnant. There was a lot, and I mean a lot of things that Chloe and I needed to talk about but for now both of us were silent. We didn't speak and our silence was comfortable. Chloe placed her hand overtop of my knee and I stopped bouncing my leg. I looked at her and leaned in, kissing her softly.

"No matter what, I'm gonna be here. No matter what, I'm gonna make this work." I said softly.

"I know. But let's just see if I'm really pregnant first." She gripped my knee and she looked tired. I nodded and kissed her forehead.

"Chloe Beale?" One of the doctors came over and she wore light pink scrubs.

Chloe nodded, "That would be me. This is my girl- well she's.. Uh, yeah. This is y/n."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Dr. Deluca. If you follow me we can go and take a look and see if there's a baby in the oven." The tall brunette smiled.

Chloe and I got up to follow her and the ginger kept a grip on my hand the entire time. We made it to the room and Chloe laid down on the bed and I sat down in the chair, keeping a hold of her hand.

"Alright Chloe, I'm gonna put this gel on your stomach and it's going to be cold." The woman said, holding up the gel before she gently lifted Chloe's sweatshirt and put it on her stomach. Chloe jumped a little and then laughed lightly to herself.

"That is cold." She mumbled. I smiled softly, bringing her hand to my lips and placed a tender kiss to the back of it. Chloe turned and looked at me with heart eyes. Dr. Deluca put the wand in the gel and we all looked at the screen while she tried to find the baby.

"And there's the little one." The woman beamed at us, the screen showed a small outline of a baby in black and white.

My eyes welled up with tears and I heard Chloe gasp. I reached out with my hand and gently touched the screen.

"They're so small." I whispered softly.

Chloe sniffled a little and squeezed my hand, "That's our baby."

I grinned, leaning in and kissing her deeply, "That's our baby."

"She's gonna be a mama's girl I already know." Chole giggled.

"She?" I asked, "You think it'll be a girl?"

"It's just a feeling." She shrugged.

"We won't know the sex of the baby until the second trimester or so. I can tell you that you're about three weeks pregnant and that your baby is looking healthy and I wouldn't change much in your diet. What I can say is get some sleep. Healthy mama equals a healthy baby. Is this your first child?"

"Yeah," I scratched the back of my neck.

Dr. Deluca smiled at me and eased my nerves, "It's okay to be scared. Parenthood can be scary. I'll make sure to send you home some pamphlets about nutrition, first time parent things and, we do always hand out ones that offer other options."

"Other options?" Chloe asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Abortions or offering the child up for adoption."

Chloe fell quiet and nodded her head and the atmosphere felt a bit off after that. Dr. Deluca answered any questions we had and we set up another appointment before we were on our way back to campus.

"Wanna get some food when we get back to campus? We can get a smoothie and a fruit bowl?" I offered.

"That sounds good. I'm getting hungry."

"Mhm. You haven't eaten anything for more than twelve hours. Can't have you getting sick." I kissed the side of her head.

Chloe pulled my face down and kissed me slowly, "Thank you for being here."

I kissed her lips once more and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Both of us made it back to campus and we were walking around when some students ran up and flashed their cameras in my face. The flash blinded me momentarily and I felt Chloe tense and hide behind me a little.

"Yo y/n, can we get your autograph?" One of the kids asked.

"Uh," I paused, "I don't have anything to write with and now isn't really the best time." I said with an apologetic smile before whisking Chloe away.

"You're blowing up rockstar, you got paps on you.'" Chloe teased.

I chuckled under my breath, "Something I'm gonna have to get used to I guess. But I definitely still want to have a private life. They don't need to know everything."

We entered the smoothie joint and the air conditioning hit us and we scanned over the menu before ordering, Chloe giving me a shy smile when she ordered a large fruit bowl with a lot of assorted fruit and two smoothies so she could have one for later. I grinned at her and her cheeks flushed a rosy red and has she ever looked as beautiful. I mean she was effortlessly beautiful.

Our order was ready and I grabbed the large brown paper to go bag in one hand and Chloe's hand in the other, both of us wanting to just be in one of our dorms and by ourselves. Once we got back to Chloe's dorm, she pulled the ultrasound pictures out from her sweatshirt pocket and leaned it against a picture frame sitting on her nightstand and gave the other one to me. I put my copy in the back of my phone case for now.

"Our little bean." The woman grinned. I hummed, handing her her smoothie and I took a sip of mine, the fresh fruits lighting up my taste buds.

"Our little bean. What are we gonna do when the baby gets here? I mean where are we going to put it?" I asked.

"We can have apartments on or off campus. We can look at places and find one. We'd have to get a babysitter since we're both still in school though."

"Like who? My dad wouldn't be able to because he teaches and I really don't want any of the girls babysitting our baby. No offence."

"None taken. I'm not sure. Maybe we can hire someone or we can arrange our classes so one of us is with the baby during the day and the other during the night."

I shifted on the bed, "So we both work jobs to pay for the baby and the apartment rent, we both go to college full time with different sleep schedules. Then on top of that we maintain a relationship and raise a baby together."

"Yep."

"Not to be that person because I'm excited to watch your stomach swell with my kid, but that sounds like a lot of work."

Chloe nodded and licked her lips after taking a sip of her smoothie, "It does sound like a lot of work because it will be a lot of work. But I'm willing to put in the work because you're what I want and while this is unexpected, it's just the start of our future."

I think- no I know that I was madly in love with Chloe Beale and our child growing in her stomach. There was no going back.

"Be my girlfriend. I know it's long overdue and I'm sorry I didn't take you on a date before this but-"

The rest of my words were cut off as she smashed her lips against mine and we both made out until our lungs burned for air. We both pulled away with a smack of our lips, mixing breaths as we panted heavily.

"I would love to be your girlfriend." Chloe beamed and I kissed her for the millionth time that day.