chapter sixty

YOUR POV:

"What's poppin ladies and gents, this is whatspoppinLA and I'm your host JD here with new top charting rockstar, Y/n Mitchell. How's it going, Y/n?" The sun kissed blond male asked with a pearly white smile.

I adjusted myself on my seat and leaned an inch closer to the mic, "I'm doing my best, yeah. Life's definitely been a little hectic."

JD nodded his head, "Lots of things have been happening for you. I mean you just finished up an album right?"

"I did. I mean there's still a lot to be done I think just because it's my first album and I want it the way I imagine it, but there is talk of a tour at the beginning of next year."

"Wow. That's exciting and I'm sure the fans will all be excited to come and see you perform live again." The lengthy hipster grinned, resting his elbows on the table and clasping his hands together.

"I can't wait honestly. Especially being on tour with my sister and my girlfriend and other close friends would be a dream." I adjusted the headphones over my ears and licked my lips.

"Speaking of girlfriends, it was rumored that you and Megan were an item." He wiggled his eyebrows, "True or false."

"Uh.." I cleared my throat, "Megan and I were just friends. Nothing more than that."

"But there were feelings? I mean it would be hard not to catch feelings with your movie co-star and best friend. You guys just kind of popped out of nowhere and played with people's hearts." JD teased, "You guys were an icon. Hot hot hot!"

"There were feelings." I confirmed, "But what happened between Megan and I is our business and we're still friends."

"She was captured at the 'Till Death' movie premiere with her former ex, now current hubby. The one you got into a fight with at Kourtney Kardashian's party. What are your thoughts on that?"

I gritted my teeth and clenched my jaw, already tired of this interview and podcast, "Good for her. I'm glad that she's happy. She deserves that much."

"Everybody deserves you as their best friend." JD laughed, "Thank you for joining us today, y/n it's been a pleasure. Go and stream her new hit single, 'we can never be friends'."

The podcast ended and the live was done. I took off the thick black headphones and placed them on the desk in front of me. I stood up from the rolling office chair and had to snap a quick photo with JD so he could promote it on his Instagram. The interview had left a sore spot, or at least poked the wound that was still sore.

I left the building and headed back to the Bella's house, pulling in the driveway and cutting the engine to my car. I just sat there, hoodie over my head with bags forming under my eyes. I zoned out on the large mansion-like house before placing my forehead on the steering wheel and my eyes fluttered closed. My body had just shut down.

I was deaf to the opening of my car door, numb to the movement of my body being pushed up back against the seat and a weight being planted in my lap. My body was being moved again, slumping forwards and my nostrils expanded ever so slightly when I got a whiff of sweet peach and vanilla perfume and knew it was Chloe. My arms wrapped around her waist as tight as they could be in their heavy, protest form.

"How did the interview go?" Chloe asked.

I sighed, mumbling into her hair, "Terrible. He just really wanted the tea on Megan and I."

"I'm sorry, baby. If you come inside I can make you some food. We can smoke and fall asleep to a movie?" Chloe suggested and the thought was so hard to resist.