chapter five

YOUR POV:

It was late and I was just now leaving my sisters dorm, excited to fall into my twin bed and crash once my head hit the pillow. However the all too familiar sight of the white Nike Dry Fit sock hanging off the door handle made me groan.

"Great." I sighed under my breath, sitting down against the wall and pulling out the hacky sack in my pocket.

"Hey, y/n right?" The familiar voice of Chloe caught my attention.

"That would be me." I hummed.

"Whatcha doing?"

I pointed to the sock, "Waiting."

Her eyes followed where I was pointing, "Ohhhh gotcha. Well I can wait with you."

A breathy laugh escaped my lips, "you really don't have to."

"Well I want to. You look all lonely." The ginger smiled, sitting down next to me. 

"y'know my sister thinks you're stalking us right?" I snorted.

"it's like a coincidence that I keep running into you guys, I am terrible at stalking people, I don't care enough to do it."

"my sister said you also had a shower with her."

Chloe laughed, " sure that's one way to put it. She has a nice voice."

"Yeah it's alright." I joked.

"She has a great body too."

I cringed, "no offense but I don't want to hear about my sisters body."

Chloe held her hands up in defense, "I'm just saying, if yours is anything like hers... I'm impressed."

"Thanks." I laughed, tossing my hacky sack up and down.

"anytime. so how are you liking Barden so far?"

I shrugged, "it's not too bad I guess. The food isn't horrible and there's a lot of diversity. the only thing I'm not enjoying is my shitty roommate."

"wishing it was you who put the sock on the door?" The woman teased.

"I put a sock on the door once so I could have a nap. She walked right in like that wasn't even a thing."

"you really have bad luck don't you? You're clearly not here by choice, so where would you be right now?"

"LA with my sister."

"LA huh? What's in LA?"

"my future. I wanna be a rockstar, singing on stages and I want my sister by my side. She wants to be a big time music producer and I want to help her with her dream the same she wants to help me with mine. but my dads one of the professors, got us in for free. and don't even get me started on that guy." I rented off, tossing the hacky sack up and down some more, "sorry...I didn't mean to go on a rant."

Chloe smiled warmly at me, "don't worry about that. Just think about it this way, you have your college experience, have a few flings and your dream will still be waiting for you."