Penultimate

Anna's PoV

The road to recovery has left me winded most of the time, but I'm a fighter.

Orbyn has been by my side except for the hours he disappears each night. While I trust him with my life, I'm beginning to question his actions.

He has gotten very cozy with Paul and I'm unsure of how I feel. That's because I am yet to tell him I'm his biological child.

Latoya and I have been at odds too because she wants me to tell him, but I'm leaning towards letting sleeping dogs lie.

As I stare out into the night, I ponder over recent events and my future. Now that Jeremy is captured, I would've avenged Adrian and the Director.

Hence, I'm now considering retiring from the agency, so too is Orbyn.

The next issue is what to do with Jeremy? It's still a secret among my men and I that he's been captured, the agency thinks he's dead.

Doing that grants me the freedom to kill the motherfucker slowly. That's my plan once I finally decide how he dies. He simply has to suffer.

As I sit in the darkness, I watch as Orbyn stealthily walks to the front door. He unlocks it quietly and breathes a sigh of relief when he enters soundlessly.

I watch as he places his keys on the entry table and just as he's about to tip toe to the bathroom, I switch the light on.

His facial expression is hilarious, mimicking that of a teenager sneaking in past curfew.

"You know better than this Orbyn." I state dryly as I stare at my perfectly manicured nails.

He averts his gaze and gulps twice as he scratches his head. That's when I notice blood splatters on his shirt.

Pointing to it, I speak once more. "You better start talking or I swear to God I'll make you talk."

Orbyn folds his lips, trying to suppress a smile. "Damn, you're sexy when you're mad baby."

I hiss my teeth, "That's besides the point right now..." I roll my eyes, "Don't think for a second that you'll distract me either."

He shrugs his jacket off then sits on the ottoman in front of me. "I was at the warehouse." Orbyn states dryly.

Before I could interject he continues, "Paul and I have been taking turns torturing the asshole for the last week."

Groaning, I run my hands down my face. "What the hell yo! I told y'all to let him be til I decide what to do with him."

Orbyn hisses his teeth, "If he had kept his mouth shut then maybe we would have left him alone." He folds his hands into fists and I notice how white his knuckles become.

He's angry!

Leaning forward, I gently carress his hands and he visibly relaxes. "I know how protective you are of me but you can't let him get under your skin..." I sigh then smile slyly. "Only I am allowed to do that."

Orbyn chuckles as he pulls me to straddle him. "You're right, how about we see how quick you can get under me?"

He places chaste kisses all over my face with each word. I lean my head back to give him more access to my neck. Orbyn takes the hint and starts biting and sucking gently.

Fuck, this man is going to be the death of me! He knows exactly what to do to rile me up or calm me down. This is the exact reason why I was hesitant to delve into a relationship with him before.

However, the New York Fiasco finally put things into perspective, with Latoya's coercion as well.

A soft whimper escapes me as he runs his tongue over my collarbone.