I groan and try to get some sleep.

In the morning...

"Gosh, Emma you look awful!" Brianna observed.

I give her a rueful look. "I feel awful."

Brutes huffed. "A good student should always sleep and wake up early to maintain a sharp mind." He pushed up his glasses and looked me in the eye. "What were you doing all night?"

"Probably reading manga all night."

I look back at the familiar voice and grit my teeth. "Why good morning to you Agatha."

Agatha smiled which was odd because she had a habit of pouting. "Good morning everyone and Emma, I hope you haven't been reading Manga all night. Remember, the exams are just around the corner."

'Okay, that's it.' I grab her by the collar and bring her closer to me. "What-are-you-doing?"

"Uh...keeping an eye out for you?" She replied still grinning like an idiot. "But from the way you look, I think you should go home."

"Not a chance." I felt someone grab my hand and see the culprit was no other than Brutes. "As you said, The exams are just around the corner so no time for nonsense."

Then he dragged me away from the scene and straight to the classroom where we sat waiting for the teacher to arrive. I would have admitted classes went smoothly if I wasn't nodding off every three seconds and got scolded by my teacher.

"Dang Julia and her nonsense," I mutter walking like a zombie towards the changing rooms. As I take off my shirt, I hear some girls whispering but ignore them. My phone rings with a message from an unknown number.

'I waited for you that night but you didn't show up.'

'Where were you?'

I frown. 'Take a hike weirdo.'

I finish my business and step out of the changing room and freeze in my tracks.

Presently...

The signature grin on his face turned to that of concern as he reached out to tilt my chin upwards.

"Beloved, you look awful? Did something happen last night?"

My head was still trying to process what was going on. 'Jake! How the hell did he get out of the labyrinth?'

'Did you think that place could hold him?' asked my inner voice.

He was saying something but all could see was the movement of his lips which turned into a sly grin and came closer to me. Snapping out of it, I push him off.

"Why is calling her that?"

"Didn't they break up?"

"What? They did?"

"Impossible."

"Why? They made such a great couple?"

"Well, it looks like he is available now."

Heart in my throat, I study his face for any sign of insanity but he looked normal, still wearing that signature grin of his. Shoving his hands into his pockets and letting the wind do its magic on his hair he closed his eyes.

I seize the opportunity to run past him but he grabbed my arm.

"Just so you know, our romance isn't over Beloved. It's stronger than before."

Despite the fact I could feel his eyes bore into my soul, through the back of my head, I muster the courage and shrug my arm off his grip.

"Keep dreaming." I start walking. "You are dead to me."