S1 EPs 5-7

Ian and Mandy walk home under the L, "Hey, can you sign in at detention for me, today? Mrs. Pinder won't notice. She's almost blind." Ian asks.

"You ditching?" Mandy replies.

"Kash has something planned." Ian shrugs.

"I thought that was last night." Mandy replies.

"It was supposed to be but, uh... he took me to his place and sort of freaked me out." Ian says, "I mean, I always knew he had a wife and a life and everything but seeing it and smelling it. I mean his life actually has an odor."

Mandy cuts him off as she presses her lips to his, "What was that for?" Ian smiles.

"Just felt like kissing my boyfriend." Mandy shrugs. "Have fun fucking Kash."

~*~

Malia bites on her thumbnail as she sees Linda walk out of the store. She takes a drag of her cigarette before walking across the street to the store.

Walking into the store, Malia grabs as much as her arms can carry before walking over to Kash and taking the empty box from his hands. She puts her snacks into it and takes a couple of candy bars, "Heads up, man. You're out of barbecue Pringles." She says before walking out.

Ian, who was coming out of the stockroom, notices Malia with the box and walks over to Kash. "Hey. Did Malia pay for that?" Kash stays silent. "You need to stand up to her, Kash."

"What was I supposed to say?" The older man asks, his voice full of sadness.

"How about 'cut out the shit, or I'll call the cops'?" Ian shrugs.

"I tried that once with her father." Kash says, re-living the memory of when Terry beat him up.

Ian sighs, "Her father's in prison now, alright?" He assures him.

"I don't need any new enemies." Kash shakes his head.

"What, so you're just gonna let her keep coming in here and take what she wants?" Ian asks.

"It's the cost of doing business." Kash says in a defeated tone.

The bell on the door rings as Malia walks back in and grabs a container out of the fridge. Ian looks at Kash, silently telling him to do something, Kash looks away from him.

"I forgot the dip." Malia says as she walks out of the store.

Ian looks at Kash who still does nothing, "Jesus, Kash." Ian says before following Malia, Kash in tow. "Hey, Malia. Why don't you steal from a neighborhood you don't live in? Have some civic pride, huh?"

Malia grabs the dip and throws it at the two men, "You know where I live if you have a problem." She says before continuing to walk away.

~*~

Ian walks into Kash and Grab, holding a box of meat. "Hey, look what fell off the back of a truck." He greets Kash before noticing his black eye.

Ian's face grows concerned, "Malia? Again?" He asks as he rounds the counter.

"I don't think she detatched my retnia this time. Linda's gonna shit a brick." Kash replies.

"Let me see." Ian says as he turns Kash's face to him. "Look, I can run out and replace whatever she took before Linda gets here."