chapter 30

Prince POV

I didnt bother trying to make Demi stay. I already knew she was going to the beach with somebody else anyway. If that whoever hadnt of called I could have finally told Demi how I felt. It may not have gone how I wanted but I still would have felt better with he knowing. Whatever. I buckled my pants and went back to the house.

Roc: Aye man where were you?

Prince: Checking the mail?

Mimi: Boy it only takes a few seconds to do that. You were gone for 10 minutes.

Prince: Yea whatever. Where Tammi at?

Roc: She went with Lexi and Ray somewhere. Something bout an emergency.

Prince: I'll be at the pool.

Roc & Mimi: Okay.

I needed to be alone. I need some time to think this over.

Demi POV

Brandon: (Laughing) You good?

Demi: Yea why?

Brandon: You look like you ran for miles.

He wanst lying. I ran 3 blocks to hurry and get to him. I looked like a demented crack head.

Demi: Why the beach of all places?

Brandon: Have you never just wanted to get away and think?

Demi: I dont know. I just keep to myself when I can.

Brandon: My mom always took me here when I was younger so it could just be me and her.

Demi: What bout your dad?

Brandon: He's the reason she took me here. My mom wasnt just taking me here for alone time but to get away from him. Said I was too young to understand.

Demi: So is she still with him?

Brandon: Nah. She died when I was 9. The only ironic thing is my dad makes up a new story about how she died every time.

Demi: Oh. Im sorry. I didnt know this place was so special.

Brandon: And it gets even better.

He grabbed my hand and as we walked more toward the end of the beach I saw a candle lit table with ready made food on it

Demi: Oh my god. This is amazing.

Brandon: Decided to go above and beyond for you.

Demi: (Softly) You sure did.

He opened the chair for me and I sat while he brought out a bunch of covered trays. He opened the biggest one which contained a nicely made chicken with white sauce going in patterns around it.

Demi: Damn. That looks amazing. Did you make this?

Brandon: Well yea. Found some of my moms old recipes and pulled out a special.

For the whole time Brandon and I just talked. We talked about personal things and I really opened my heart to him.

Brandon: Well I know you dont know me like that..yet but I really want to get to know you in more ways than you can imagine.

Demi: I hate when you sweet talk me cause I have nothing to say back.

Brandon: Just say you'll eat this dessert with me and I'll call it even.

Demi: Deal.

He opened another covered tray with cheesrcake and a dollop of ice cream beside it and chocolate sauce

Demi: You better hope I dont throw this back up.

Brandon: You read my mind.

I laughed. It took us a minute to eat the cakes since the dinner itself was already big. Afterwards we got back in his car we pulled up to Prince's house.

Demi: Thank you.

Brandon: No thank you. Ive never talked about my personal life like that with anyone and I feel like I can trust you.

He lended a hand out to me and I put mine in his. He slowly pulled me to him and kissed me.

I pulled away and smiled.

Brandon: I'l text you.

Demi: (Smiling) Okay.

I got out and gave a goodbye wave while he drived off but I had to stop and think for a second. I was about to play mind games with two guys. Damn. Let the games begin I guess.