Smuggler's trio (side story)

"So you want to smuggle various muggle items into the school and you need my help to carry them?" Theo asked. Demaris nodded, clasping his hand.  "I trust you and you're really strong! It's a really good bonding moment, y'know." Theo's cheeks tinged with pink. "Alright." 

They were trudging through a secret tunnel that ran under the school and into the train station. It was cobbled with stone bricks. Their shoes clacked against the floor. "How did you even find this place?" Theo questioned as the other two girls walked along. Melody with a map and Demaris dragging along a suitcase. "Harry's map. We made a copy." Melody held up the map. Theo nodded, dragging along a chest on wheels, the ground was damp and the air was humid. They were almost there, as light peaked out of the entrance.

They were able to get to the Train station with ease. They were met with a tall fellow. Jet black messy hair with glasses. He looked a lot like Melody. He had a bag full of various items. Ipods, Records, fanged frisbees, some minor love potions, brain elixirs, cigarettes, booze, auto answer quills, and soft soda drinks. Melody looked over the list and nodded when everything was accounted for. They were packing the items in the suitcase and trunk. The guy smiled. "On the house." Melody shook her head, putting the galleons in the guy's hands. "You're doing a lot for us, brother. It's the least I can do." He grinned, ruffling Melody's hair and kissing Demaris on the cheek. Theo's heart panged in longing. He wanted to do that. 

Theo dragged along the chest full of items. Melody was in charge of leading the way and Demaris carried the case full of booze and cigarettes. They were talking amongst themselves jovially. "Theo, you should join in with us sometimes," Demaris told him, grinning widely. Theo gulped and silently nodded. The journey through the tunnel was peaceful, it went smoothly, the smuggling operation did not end in disaster. It was like they've done this 100 times. Hands clutching the case, they finally arrived at the Ravenclaw dorm.

"Repeat after me, The blood of the covenant"
"Is thicker than the water of the womb," Melody replied. The painting opened, revealing the Ravenclaw common room. They gestured for Theo to come in. Hesitantly, Theo stepped into the Ravenclaw dormitory. Before he can marvel and the sheer regality of the place, he was tugged towards the girl's dormitory.

Theo sat on Demaris's bed as they went over the items. Demaris counted the items as Melody read the orders out loud. "We've got an increase of cigarettes and auto quills. The students are really stressed aren't they?" Demaris quipped, looking over the list. "We have to work overtime then." Melody worried. "I can do the exchanges if you want," Theo asked. Demaris looked over at him. "You don't have to, I-" Theo bit the bullet. He was done with dealing with Demaris's dense nature. 

"I'm doing this because I fancy you. Let me prove that I'm a reliable guy." Melody smirked. Rolling up the parchment and passing a blushing Demaris, she handed it to him. "Ok, show us what you're made of." 
Demaris was left standing still, processing Theo's sudden confession. 
--
"I didn't peg you as a smoker, Hermione." He slid the pack of cigarettes along the table to Hermione as she slid the bag of galleons towards him. They met up in a secluded corner of the library. Hermione looked tired and solemn. Taking the pack of cigarettes in her hands. "If you were babysitting two grown babies, you'd understand." She sighed, slipping the pack into her satchel. "What got you into the smuggling business anyways?" 

"Demaris." Theo deadpanned. Hermione smiled. "Of course." She only stated before standing up and walking away.  Her footsteps sounded through the room as Theo unrolled his parchment and crossed out Hermione's name. He had 8 more to go. 
--
"Thank god." Pansy spotted the firewhiskey and snatched it from Theo, handing him the bag of galleons, she uncorked it and took a big gulp. This task was easier, as he had to meet with her in her dorm. Pansy was tense, as she drank as if her life depended on it. Wiping her mouth, she spoke, "I swear, I worry for Draco and Y/n 24-7 and they tell me nothing. Ugh, and Blaise is being an ass, I just need something to take the edge off. Thank you, Theo." Theo looked worried for Pansy. But sighing, he unfurled the parchment again. 

The last one on the list, 

Draco Malfoy.
---

Draco and Theo met up by the black lake. It was a muggy evening. The black lake was still and Draco looked on, his eyebrows tense and his mouth frowning. Theo had the auto quill and Draco held the galleons in his rough palms. "So it's you this time." Draco deadpanned. He had dark bags under his eyes and a darkened expression. He looked defeated, his jaw tense and his hands clutching the seams of his trousers.  They exchanged items. Sitting down on the spare bench, Theo listens to Draco. 

"I just need this to get by transfiguration. I don't exactly have enough time to study." He studied his shoes. Theo realized that he's listened to all of his customer's woes. That he was a glorified therapist. But he wasn't bothered by it. He sat quietly next to Draco, who was unwinding with each spoken word. 

"Y/n. She's so...amazing. And I can't help but wonder If I'm holding her back. She's proved her loyalty over and over again but I can't help but wonder if there's someone better out there-"

"Nonsense," Theo spoke up. "That is pure nonsense and you know it. Y/n is herself with you. She adores you and you adore her, shouldn't that be enough?" It was like Draco was broken out of a negative daze. He smiled. Chuckling to himself. Theo laughed along too, skipping a stone against the waters of the lake. 

"Thanks, Theo, I really needed to hear that."