L.E Journal

It was sitting right on Snape's desk. And for some reason, I grabbed it and walked away. It was a black leather-bound journal with the initials, L.E. I carried it into my room. Settling onto my bed, I flipped open the pages. 

I read inside it. It was a journal of all of the defensive spells, healing spells, and even spells invented by the writer. It was dated and old. The pages were yellowed and brittle. 

𝒯𝑜 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓈: 𝒱𝓊𝓁𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶 𝒮𝒶𝓃𝑒𝓉𝓊𝓇 -3 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝓁𝑒𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝒹𝓇𝒶𝓌𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝓊𝓉 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀. 𝒜𝓃 𝑒𝒻𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒.

 𝒯𝑜 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓉𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈: 𝒯𝓊𝑜𝓈 𝒜𝓂𝒾𝒸𝑜𝓈 -𝒞𝒶𝓈𝓉𝓈 𝒶 𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒷𝓊𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝑒𝒻𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇.

 𝒯𝑜 𝒷𝓁𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓂𝒾𝑒𝓈: 𝒯𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒷𝓇𝒶𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝑔𝓃𝒶𝓉 -𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒶𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒻 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝓊𝓉𝑒.

 𝒯𝑜 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈, 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝓁𝓁: 𝒸𝓊𝓈𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒾𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝓊𝓂 𝓁𝒶𝓅𝒾𝒹𝑒 -𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓇𝓈, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓉𝑒𝒸𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇.

The journal was chock-full of invented and enhanced spells. All to heed allies and protect people.  The writer is not malicious at heart. dubbing herself, "Saint L." The book was inches thick, the pages are yellowed and the cover was rough mahogany leather. It was a quality-bound book. The pages were dated around Maurader's era. This means, that Snape was young when he first received this book. It tutored me on basically everything.

Effective healing potions, Defense techniques, transfiguration methods, occulmenecy, anything that has to do with healing, health, and protection lies, printed on these pages. I found myself spending the rest of the evening, reading these pages. 

I ripped up a pillow. Casting the counter curse spell, and tracing my wand across the ripped seams. "Vulnera Sanetur, Vulnera Sanetur, Vulnera Sanetur." The stuffing was moved back into the ripped edge, the seams slowly closed up and the string tightened the seams, protecting it like scabbing over a scrape on the knee. I was amazed at how effective it was. It seemed to work effectively on scrapes and cuts. Even going as far as returning the stuffing to the body.

It didn't just stop the blood, it returned it to the body. Satisfied, I shut the book shut. I decided to lock it by taking a leather strap and a spare lock and key and binding it shut. I put the key around a chain and put it on like a necklace. This information seems priceless and powerful, if it got into the wrong hands, then something bad is going to happen. I'll keep it to myself for now. But all I can wonder is, "Why does Snape have it?" 

---
"Today, I will show you how to deflect curses. Y/n Potter will demonstrate with me." I stood up and made my way to the dueling platform. Standing 6 feet away from Snape. I drew my wand. It was positioned strategically pointing at the professor. 

"Crucio!" I caught the spell in my wand and deflected it to the ground with the flick of my wrist. Snape nodded. "can you tell the class what you did?" He gestured to me. "It's simple. It's like hitting a baseball." They looked at me, confused. I tried again. These people are so out of touch with the world. "I caught the spell from the tip of my wand and redirected it to the ground." Snape nodded. "Let's see how you'll do with multiple curses." He stood back and started shouting a string of curses. "Crucio! Confrigo! Mucas ad nauseum! Expulso!" One by one, walking up to him, I deflected the curses to the ground, a barren wall, and some to even himself. I angled my wand as the spells absorbed and bounced off of it.  He deflected the curses into the ground. Now I was only 3 feet away. I can see a small wiry smile grace his face before he turned cold.

"Excellent. Form and technique are present. A true duelist. Unlike your brother." I scoffed. Crossing my arms. "I'm nothing like my brother. I'd prefer if I don't associate with him." Snape nodded, dismissing me to my spot. The students whispered and murmured. Asked themselves how I possibly did the things I did. I smiled to myself. proud of my skills.
---

A first year was suddenly hit by the whomping willow, the branches making a huge gash in their stomach. I rushed forward. Pushing the students away. I undid their shirt. A huge cut was on their abdomen. I murmured the incantation "Vulnera Sanetur, Vulnera Sanetur, Vulnera Sanetur." The blood flow stilled, as the blood slowly steeped back into the cut. The wound was slowly forming back together. It was like the skin stitched itself together. I took out a vial of ditanny and sprinkled it on the healing cut. The students were crowding over me, taking in my healing skills. 

I sat with the first year as Madam Pomfrey bandaged the cut. The kid was pretty shaken up. He lay on the hospital bed, with a guilty expression. "Sorry." The kid murmured. "It's fine. Just try to think before walking into a dangerous place." I warned them. The kid, who I now knew was a Gryffindor nodded. "I just wanted to prove that I was brave." I smiled, warmly. Understanding the pressure of being in a house with a stellar reputation. "Just because you're a Gryffindor doesn't mean you have to act brave all the time. My brother was a scaredy cat sometimes. Be yourself, first and foremost." The kid grinned back at me. He introduced himself with a sly smile. 

"My name is Kim Euntak. I'm a Korean exchange student." I nodded, shaking his hand. He had a determined glint on his eyes. I can tell this kid is going to go places. 
--

Draco grumbled as Kim, followed me along. He was eager to get to know me. And in return, I took him under my wing and showed him around. "Does he have to follow you?" Draco whispered. I nodded. Kim was actually pretty tall. He towered over his classmates. He had black hair with bangs covering his eyes. His hair was put in a ponytail. The kid usually asked me to tutor in the defense of the dark arts.

"Ok, let's try this again. I'll cast aguamente and you'll deflect." Draco was sitting on a lawn chair as he watched me train Kim. We were in the courtyard. He scoffed.  "Aguamente!" I shot the spell at the kid. After practicing, Kim was able to catch the spell in his wand and redirect it into a stray wildflower. "Good!" I clapped. Kim looked up at me with a huge grin on his face. I returned the warm smile.  From the corner of my eye, I can see Draco roll his eyes and cross his arms. He was pretty miffed. 

We were able to form a study group with Kim, Hermione, Dain, Demaris, and Theo. Draco was nowhere to be found. Probably off to complete the tasks. We all ended up tutoring Kim on various things since we already completed studying and essays ourselves. Hermione was especially a good teacher.

"What is the difference between the stalk and the seed of the plant?" She asked Kim. Kim thought for a moment and said, "The stalk slows the brewing time while the Seed speeds up the brewing time." Hermione nodded in approval. Kim was getting along pretty well. He made a new friend, and he's gotten more confident in himself. I hope I was a good influence on him. But I can tell he was a little stressed. 

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he struggled over an essay. He frowned. "If I don't get  a good grade, my parents will surely disapprove." A frown danced on my face. "You shouldn't focus on getting good grades, you should focus on progress and improvement. Let's see the essay you've already turned in and take note of the mistakes and triumphs." He pulled out his old potions essay. We spent the study time highlighting grammar mistakes, fixing vocabulary, and strengthening the main ideas in the essay. Kim seemed pretty satisfied as we walked out of the library.