Wyvern (3)

Eyes traced the new Slytherin girl. She was wearing slacks instead of a skirt and a cardigan. She had piercing eyes, interesting hair, and was tall. Six feet to be exact. She flashed a smile at me before sitting next to me.

"Wyvern Lockewell." I shook her hand. " I already know your name. I befriended Harry." Draco looked at her. Oh no please don't-

"A Slytherin befriending Gryffindor's golden boy? You have guts, Lockewell. As expected from a member of the coven." He gave her a knowing look. She only shrugged in response
"Yeah, hello Malfoy. It's been a long time. Snake boy." Draco narrowed his eyes, before wrapping his arm around my neck and pulling me close to him. She stuck out her tongue.

"Oh, you're part of the french purebloods?" She nodded. Showing her family heirloom ring.
"Malfoy has one too. And I can tell he passed his mother's ring down to you." I looked at Draco, he looks away. Feeling a little sheepish.

"Liar, you told me that-"

"Sirius is spotted in the dorms! Everyone evacuate!" A professor shouted. Everyone got up. They formed a line behind the prefects, with the head boys and girls in front of them. Morgan and Tom had a serious expressions. Gripping their wands. Hoping for the best.

--

"Is your castle like this every day?" Wyvern joked. Draco grumbled, holding my hand in the reassurance that I was actually there. When he's anxious for me, he needs constant reminders that I'm physically next to him.

"Nope. It's not every day that an escaped convict snuck into the school just to talk to me and Harry."

"It's not always like this." We looked and saw a taller fellow from Hufflepuff. He had chocolate brown hair, an infectious smile, and telltale eyes. Wyvern looked a little broken before regaining her mask. It's like she's seen something in him and now she has to keep it a secret.

"What's your name?" She asked. The boy crawled and sat next to her. "Cedric, Cedric Diggory." She shook her hand.
"Wyvern-"
"I've heard of you. I'm part of the welcome committee. I wish you came in on peaceful times but sadly, it isn't." Cedric struck up a conversation with Wyvern as I laid my head on Draco's chest. He wrapped his arms around me. Cedric was fully invested in Wyvern's ramblings. He spent his time listening to her.

What if I was wrong about Sirius and he wants me dead? I should protect my brother.

I slowly drifted to sleep in Draco's arms. I'm sure Draco elected to stay up to protect me.

--

We trudged back to our dorms, classes were canceled for today so I walked tentatively into Tom's room.

"So you're part of the flock?" I saw Wyvern, leaning against the table with an apple in her mouth.
"Yeah. Since you're forming this little club, I might as well show my true intentions. I spy for the french ministry and an underground spy network for Beuxbaton. We're worried about the dark lord and I'm here to make sure that it doesn't reach France." She shrugged.

"Well, I'm assuming you want in?" I joined the conversation. Nodding. She gave me a bit of advice.

"Being with Draco is like playing with fire. But he won't burn you, you will. You'll burn him. But hey." She pointed at the roles on the board.
"You know what you're doing. So I'll do the same with your brother. Deal?" I shook her hand.

Our team was formed, for now.