The Yule Ball

"No." I shot Draco's proposal for the Yule ball down. He looked at me, pretty confused. "What? Why?" He exclaimed.  I shrugged. The Yule Ball never interested me. I didn't take to all of the elegant decorum and the stuffy dresses

"I'm just not one for fancy events like that." Huffing, Draco pulled me against his chest. Leaning over and resting his chin against my shoulder. "What can I do for you to come with me?" I chuckled. "Make the dress for me, then I'll go." Draco's eyes narrowed. He smirked. Determined to meet the challenge

"That sounds like fun."

--

"No way Draco's making a full-on dress for you!"

Wyvern gasped as Cedric sat near her, with his hand around hers. I nodded.

"He seems pretty excited to make it for me. Apparently, Nacrissa taught him to sew." Cedric chuckled, squeezing Wyvern's hand.

"Sorry, I can't do that for you." Wyvern stuck her tongue out. "I never asked you to." 

Draco was spending the whole day designing, and sewing a dress for me. I honestly never knew the bloke had it in him. Tom is keeping him company of course.

Tom and Morgan came and sat with us during dinner. Cedric was the only Hufflepuff sitting in a sea of Slytherins. His yellow was contrasted with the green that littered the table.

"Are you two going?" I asked Tom and Morgan. They both nodded. "Of course, they need the head of the houses to supervise and plan the ball."

Morgan ate her sandwich. Her mouth is full of roast beef.

"Did you ask her to the ball, Tom?" Cedric teased. Tom nodded. "I felt bad for him, so I decided to go." Morgan deadpanned. Tom scoffed. Tom turned her with her chin in his hand. She looked in his eyes with a bored expression. Like he's done this multiple times and she wasn't amused.

"You're going with me because we're dating. And also because I scared other people off from asking you to the ball." He sent a toothy smile toward her. His sharp canines flashed in the light. His eyes were ruby red with danger.

Morgan nodded. "Not surprised." She ruffled her hair and turned back to her food. Acting like she hasn't looked the devil in the eyes. Tom pouted, his plan to intimidate  Morgan for the 100th time, failed, for the 100th time.

I felt a tug at my wrist and saw Draco pulling me up. "I did it." his hair was misshapen. His tie was unruly and he had a pin cushion wrapped around his wrist. He had a dopey grin on his face. I promptly followed him to his dorm.

--

The curtains were cut up

The curtains were cut up. He used scrap fabric from his old shirts and even gave up his blanket to make this. The tule flowed gracefully down. The sleeves were poofy, accentuating the arms. The bodice looked handstitched to perfection. I ran my hands over the dress, feeling the quality radiate. I don't know how long he spent on it, but I can tell that love and passion were put in the process of sewing this beautiful gown.

"What do you thi-"

I tackled him in a large hug as he stumbled back against the wall. He buried his mouth in my neck. Laughing to himself.

"I'm assuming that it's perfect." He drawled. Nodding, I kissed him multiple times on his face. "You're perfect."

--

Draco and I stood to the side as Cedric was walking down the Aisle with his date, Wyvern. Wyvern looked nervous but was happy alongside Cedric. She wore a simple navy blue ballgown, with white stars glittering in the light.  He flashed his smile like a kid in a candy store. Enjoying his time with his darling. Draco was dressed in a fancy black suit paired with a white dress shirt, vest, and tie. He looked dashing, like a prince from the regency era. He only held eyes for me.

We were dancing in step with the music. He was better at dancing than I am, leading me around the room with each step, and he showed me a good time. Our shoes clacked against the floor, in time with the orchestra.  Twirling and dipping, I laughed happily at his bright grin. We also broke out in dance, jumping up and down and generally just having a good time. We were having the time of our lives. Just me and him

We walked around outside, admiring the decorations. It was snowing but Draco also sewed me a small  cloak.

"I'm glad to meet you." He blurted out suddenly. He stopped me at a column. Taking my hands, he looked into my eyes. This is another one of his sappy speeches huh. His eyes looked uneasy but he seemed determined to tell me this. I wonder how long he's recited this.

"Seriously. You captivate me. You make me want to do things, to say things that I wouldn't usually want to. You do a lot in my name. But the best part is, that you ignored the fact that  I hate your brother and invested time and love in me. I started off as a spoiled brat. Me who killed your favorite hippogriff. Me who is mean to your brother every chance I get. Me and only me. I can't fathom how I have you. But I swear, as long as I live, I'll do right by you." He leaned his forehead against mine. He gave me a small and shy smile. Waiting for my response.

"Draco," I took his face in my shivering hands. He looked at me, lovingly. Leaning into my touch. "You accepted me too. You were the one who gave me support when my brother failed to. You were the one who took me in when my mother passed. You support my passions. It was always you because you never failed to keep me afloat. When I first held your hand, I realize that my anxious beating heart slowed down because of you. That's when I knew that I was meant to be by your side." A stray tear fell down Draco's eyes. His eyelashes were wet with hopeful tears. I brushed them away and came in for a chaste but languid kiss.

I'll always go back to this memory when I'm feeling sad.