"I like your rings" (1)

"Can you take that photo again? I look bloated!" Melody whined. She had Dragon in her hands. We were walking along the hall, right into the dining hall.
"It's a polaroid and film is expensive. Suck it up." Morgan deadpanned. melody pouted as she carried along Dragon. I giggled to myself. The more I witness seeing those two, the more I can see the differences. Melody is bold and unapologetic. Morgan is the exact opposite. I wonder what my brother is like.

"You two should switch houses." I mused. Chuckling to myself. Morgan smirked. "It seems like that at first but trust me, we're right where we belong."

--

I look towards the hall and came across three people. There was this girl with frizzy hair arguing with a red-headed boy. In the middle of them was a boy with black curly hair, wired spectacles, and a scar on his forehead. He seemed to be struggling at keeping the peace between his squabbling friends. He met my eyes.

Never in my life have I seen eyes as green as his. "Y/n?" He called to me. Wait, how did he know my name.

He broke out in a grin and paced towards me. Before I could react, I was engulfed in a bear hug. My torso was held close to his chest. He was slightly taller than me. His body was thrumming.
"I can't believe I'm finally meeting my sister!" Wait. He's my brother? I awkwardly pushed him away. I cringed to myself. I can't even accept a hug from my long-lost brother.

I'm not one for hugs. Especially surprise hugs. "How did you know who I am?" He giggled.
"You're wearing my necklace, sis!" I looked down at my neck and realized that I was. Weird, I forgot it was there. "Oh." He had this dopey smile on his face. I have never seen someone so excited to meet their family.

"How was the train ride? Did you make new friends? Why didn't you look for me? Do you have your wand yet? How's Dragon?" He shot off a plethora of questions that I can barely keep up with.

"The train ride was eventful, I made two new friends, I didn't want to distract you from your friends" I cringed at my blatant lie. I couldn't just tell him that I was too chicken to find him. "I have my wand after my 7th try and Dragon is ok. Melody is playing with her." I pointed towards her. She was stroking Dragon's back. I can see pink dusting my brother's face. Was he smitten with Melody? But he cleared his throat.
"I wish I could've been there to see you find your wand. What core do you have?" By then, his friends caught up with him. The girl who was previously laying into the ginger kid had a neutral expression on her face. I feel like she's either judging me or relieved that she didn't have to deal with the ginger kid. " I have a dittany stalk core." He clicked his tongue.

"I wish you had the same core as me. But that's ok! You'll be sorted to my house. Right guys?"
"She seems to have brave traits." The ginger kid spoke as he was munching an apple. He had a pocket stuffed with candies and apples.
"Yeah, she's a Potter after all." The other girl remarked. My fists formed. Avoiding their eyes, I can feel the heavy pressure piercing my chest. It's always my chest.

"Now now, let's not get too ahead of ourselves." A deep voice sounded from behind me. I looked back and was met with a taller boy. He had curly hair but was slicked to the side. He looked down at me. He had a domineering position as his Slytherin tie glinted in the sunlight. He had this knowing smile on him.

"She could be quite an addition to the Slytherin house." He smirked. He looks at me like I'm someone that should be found out. Like I'm hiding something. Maybe I am. Either way, he seems too confident in himself.

"Lay off of her Tom, she's new." Morgan stalked over and laid her hand on his shoulder.
"hey hey, no bad blood here. I just wanted to see girl Potter for a second. I'm not disappointed at all. My name is Tom, Tom Riddle." He held out his hand. Briefly, I turned to see Harry.