Greetings from America

"So your adoptive cousin is visiting you today?" Draco asked, adjusting the temperature of the fire. Nodding, I added the ground moonstone. I barely talk about my extended family. So he was curious for a second.

"Yep, His name is Dain, Dain Culpepper." Draco sighed. He ran his hands through his hair. "You can come along if you want." He turned to me, looking surprised. He stuttered. Finding the right words.

"I can't possibly-"
"You'll worry about me the entire time anyways. Besides, you need some fresh air." My actual reason was to distract Draco from finding out about Sirus. The best way is to get his attention on me. Which wasn't that hard since he's always paid attention to me.

But I just hope Dain won't be a dick again.

---

"So you made friends with the Malfoy. Your taste in friends is pretty bad, Y/n." There he was, smirking to himself. He crossed his arms, taking a domineering stance as he sashayed to us. This dramatic prick. He always had to set a certain mood for this occasion. He can't be a decent person for one second.

"My name is Draco." He grunted. I can tell he already doesn't like him. Dain smiled.

Dain decided to get himself a wand

Dain decided to get himself a wand. But he revealed something that made my jaw drop. It was unexpected and I couldn't process it at first.

"You're going to Hogwarts?!" He nodded. He was testing out the first wand but the magic only fizzled out with his last spell. He shook his head at the wand, giving it back to Olivander.

"It is such a special thing, the wand chooses the wizard." He skipped over my questions as Malfoy scoffed. He doesn't like this guy one bit. Crossing his arms, he glared him down. Dain only elected to pay attention to me.

"Do you know what house you might be in?" I inquired. Dain nodded. Examining the wand that he tested out.
"Truthfully I just moved in. I got sorted into Ravenclaw so let's see what unfolds." He waved another wand but the books only toppled down instead of floating. He gently handed the wand back to Olivander.

"This wand is 12 inches, made out of Maple, and has the core of dittany." Olivander handed the wand over. Dain sensed a feeling of belonging as he swished the wand. The lights turned on and the books rearranged themselves.

"I'm assuming that this is the same core as yours?" I took out my wand. Both of our wands look eerily similar as Malfoy took out his wand to compare. Malfoy's wand was darker than ours. It looked sleek and elegant. For a second we looked like a trio. I wonder what Wyvern thinks about Dain.

"Thank you for your services." He paid the wand in full and tipped the man generously. Olivander waved goodbye to us as we exited the shop.

 Olivander waved goodbye to us as we exited the shop