Umbridge

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizard of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school....progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."
I listened disbelievingly to her flimsy statement. Morgan was stewing as Tom narrowed his eyes at the pink lady. He hated people who halter progress as he thought about how he can hide any sort of information about Slytherins from her.

"What the actual fuck." Tom cursed under his breath along with Morgan. I shook my head, not even fathoming what I just, heard. I couldn't get a break, couldn't I? I just had to come back and suffer once again. Dumbledore just had to choose unwisely. This new Defense teacher is going to get on my last fucking nerve. Draco patted my back, sensing how tense and annoyed I was at the moment. Reassuring me that we'll get out of this one way or another.

Welcome to year 5

--

I watched as Harry clashed with Umbridge. He always held a penchant for going against corrupt authority figures. She was refusing to teach us defense spells. Which was utterly ridiculous. Harry stressed the importance of protecting ourselves but Umbridge refused to hear any of it. But I didn't intervene in the slightest. I don't want her to know that I was actually against her. It would make the spying so much easier if she didn't suspect a thing from me. Which was every solution to tough situations like this. Harry was more active, a foil to my passive and scheming nature. We both achieved the same goal with different methods. The classes weren't having it, I can tell by their faces and worried eyes. And I know for a fact that Harry was going to do something about it.

-
When I told myself that Harry was going to do something about it, I didn't know he'd go to this length. He was a leader, yes. But what makes him so fit to lead a group of people who were only blinded by his chosen status. Hermione pulled me along to a secluded room and usually when Hermione pulled me along, something happened. I faced the group of people Harry gathered. They all ranged from different houses, looking at me with a hunger to learn. I have no idea why they looked to me to teach. Cho especially, whos expressed how much she looked up to me after saving Cedric.

"So this is Dumbledore's army." I looked around, various students determined to resist Umbridge littered the room. The overwhelming majority were Ravenclaws, absolutely outraged at Umbridge's lack of instruction. Hermione explained the group. They were learning from Harry and for some reason, they wanted to learn from me. If Umbridge wouldn't teach them, then the Potter twins will do just fine.

"What can you possibly learn from me?" I asked incredulously. Multiple people piped up. But Cho's voice remained resolute. "Wordless Magic." She traded off Wandless for wordless. I groaned inwardly. Wracking my head. How can I possibly explain my technique without sounding like a loony? I had a certain system to my spells, something I only can understand, how can I apply my principles to a group of people wanting to learn?

"I can't teach you much. Only simple spells. Like Incindeo or accio." I warned the group. They enthusiastically nodded their heads. Desperate for anything they can learn from me. Looking excited and hopeful in me. I wasn't lying when I told them I couldn't teach them complex spells. it takes years to master that. And more years to apply it to my everyday life. Harry looked on, expectantly.

He's always expected something of me.

And I always failed him.

--

"So, it's all about feeling your magical core and using that sense to guide it out of your wand. Your mind has to be resolute in the spell you're casting. Like you're saying it but instead of the spell flowing from your mouth, it's spoken in your head.. For example." I held out my wand and retrieved a can of beans from the spot. "I can feel my magical core reach out for the can, as I think the words in my head. It's harder for people who are not sensitive to the magic that's flowing out of your body." They all look at me, understanding the concept. They tried the can trick.