Divination (2)

I was glad to attend the divination class with Harry. It's actually my favorite class. Especially the tea reading. The teacher is abstract but I understand her ramblings. The room was big but messy.

Sitting next to my brother, I sloshed the tea leaves around in the small teacup. Trying to decipher my future. The leaves start forming two small symbols. I can see the magic guiding the little leaves in their right spot.

Tessomency is a tricky thing. But so was everything else. You needed to rely on shape language and abstract thinking to ever make out the symbols.  People frowned, trying to make out the shapes like reading ink blots on a psychological examination.  I can make out some shapes. I saw a cross with a sun behind it.

"Professor, does this mean that I'll suffer before being happy?" I showed my teacup to her. She looked tentative.

"exactly. But not quite. This is the same layout that was on the cup of Juliet." I narrowed my eyes. What is she talking about? She takes out a book that diagramed the tea readings. Fliping to the medieval section, she reached a page about Romeo and Juliet.

"Romeo and Juliet had these two tea readings. Juliet has the same symbols as you. But Romeo was graced with a skull and club. this tells me two things. You're destined to fall in love with someone on the other side. You're destined to lose and lose. But you'll also be saved if you choose so."

Harry looked into my eyes. He was trying to comprehend the professor but I knew exactly what she was talking about. I buckled under his stare. I hope he doesn't find out about Draco's feelings for me. He probably did after that Veritaserum fiasco, but he's also too worried about the dark lord to pay attention to social politics.

--

"you took divination earlier, right?" I took a bite of my sandwich. Draco nodded. "Yes. It was rubbish. Why is Tessomency a thing anyways?" He scoffed. He definitely didn't pay attention.
"What did you see?" He squinted, trying to recall his memory. My foot tapped on the floor.
" A skull and club. How about you?" Inwardly, I cringed.

Please tell me we're not soulmates. Taking a small breath, I answered. "Sun and cross." He nodded, taking a sip of his water. He seemed to be disinterested in Tessomency. Good. He won't use this as another excuse to court me. Divination is weird.

I just realized that I do not know how to ride a broom. Shaking my head, I found myself outside, summoning my broom. After a small while, the broom drifted up into my hand. I sat on the broom in position. Looking up at the windy sky I willed myself in the air, finding myself soaring.

The scenery up above was absolutely enthralling. Clouds lined the sky and the trees dominated the earth beneath me. The sunlight was not blinding, but comforting against my skin.  But the manner in which I'm flying my broom is uncomfortable.

It felt a little boring. In this position. But- what if-
I jumped up and ambled to my feet. My feet balanced on the broomstick and I finally found a way to ride my broomstick like a skateboard. I felt myself going faster and faster. I soared through the air. Doing tricks and flips, even hanging off of my broomstick and dancing on the edge. I felt free and in control. Like nothing could ever stop me.

The wind whistled against my hair as I ducked and dodged trees. I jumped to avoid an oncoming branch and landed on my broom at the right time.

Then I didn't. Falling from the sky into the forest floor, I felt my bones crack.

I was dragging my broom along while clutching the side of my ribs. My hair was frizzy and dirty. I picked leaves and twigs from my matted hair. I definitely broke my left rib. it's a clean break and I can barely cast a healing spell in this position. My legs could barely stabilize themselves as I limped towards Hogwarts. But I trudged along.

What made things worse, was when Draco spotted me coming through the courtyard. He was probably sitting near the water fountain and talking shit again with Blaise and Pansy. He stood up and strode towards me.

"Merlin! What happened?" I looked away, trying to hide my broomstick. But he snatched it from me. "Seriously?! How can you be so erratic!"

Suddenly I was lifted up. He was carrying me. His hands wrapped around my feet and torso as he made sure to avoid contact with my ribs. He strode through the hallway, barely paying attention to the gossiping students and blushing Slytherin girls. I did, I paid attention. I'm becoming the school pariah!
"Put me down!  I can walk you ferret!" I shouted. But I winced as my ribs cracked with every syllable.
"Stop moving around, I'm taking you to Pomfrey."

--

I was laying on the bed. Madame Pomfrey came and went. She cast a broken bone healing spell and bandaged my ribs. Apparently, my right arm was dislocated so it was slung up. The bed was actually more comfortable than my dorm bed.

Looking at Draco, he looked so wary and pissed. He paced around the room, his hair in disarray.
"Don't you dare go flying without me! How can you ride the broom, like that?! It's dangerous! Idiotic!" He rambled. Chastising me on the proper etiquette of riding a broom. Rolling my eyes, I took a small sip of my water. I have never seen Draco so stressed and pissed off. I wonder what would happen if I got hurt by someone else. I waved that notion off.

"I won't try it again. It was fun as hell, but I won't." I grumbled. Draco can be really imposing when he gets into his rants and rambles and I wanted it to stop.

"As you should." He plopped down right next to me. Laying his head against my shoulder, he sagged into me. He grabbed my hands, squeezing them.
"I was really scared." He muttered. I stared into his eyes. Draco looked so small next to me at that moment. It's times like these when I realize that he doesn't show this side of him to anyone else at school, but me. I reached up and laid my hand on the top of his hair. Running my small fingers through his scalp, I can feel him relax against my touch. I rubbed the silk of his hair in between my fingers

"I'm sorry." I apologized. He shouldn't be scared of me dying. I won't make that mistake anymore. Harry is unlucky enough to not avoid danger. And I have the privilege to do so. My thirst for adventure will not be my undoing.