Nott

I was surprised to see another boy sitting with Draco while Potion's class started. I took my seat on Draco's right side, peering at the other boy. He was tall, lanky, and had curly brown hair. His eyes were seedy and he looked rabbit-like. With his hair mimicking small rabbit ears. "Hello, my name is Y/n." I held my hand out to him. He took one look at me and gave me a lopsided smile, shaking my hand before introducing himself.

"Theodore, Theodore Nott. Call me Theo for short." He already got the cauldron going with Malfoy. "The teacher decided to put the class in trios. So Nott here joined us." Draco brought me up to speed since I ran a little bit late to class. We were brewing Moonseed poison since the Professor wanted us to brew poisons. Deeming us mature enough to handle the subject material wisely. Which is part of the reason why he put us in Trios. The ingredients were harder to handle with two people.

I noticed the way Theo ground up the moonstone. In a methodical clockwise motion, using his wrist and fingers for precise control. Draco cut the fire seeds out of the ember flower. He ran his knife into the stalk and dug out three fire seeds. Both of their sleeves were pulled up and wearing gloves. I did the same. I pressed my cardigan sleeve up my arm and decided to stir the potion and mess with the temperature as the boys dropped the prepared ingredients in the cauldron.

"Why haven't you introduced Y/n to me before? She looks pretty cute." Theo teased, rolling my eyes, I stayed quiet. Chopping some mandrake. Draco glared daggers at Theo. "What I do with my girlfriend is none of your business." I blushed at the word. 'Girlfriend.'

It seemed like yesterday when I was complimenting Draco's rings. Now I'm wearing one of his rings and living in his Manor. "Chill, I was just saying. Draco's my friend by the way. I've known him since diapers." He chuckled, slapping Draco on the back. I giggled along with him as Draco flushed. He suddenly squeezed my hand under the table. Looking right at him, he had a stilted expression. He looked uncomfortable.

"It's nice to meet Draco's friends for once. I only know Pansty and Blaise sparingly but I can tell that we're going to be great friends." I smiled. Draco shot a glare at me. I steeled my gaze, sprinkling the dragon's horn in the brewing cauldron. I stared him down until he broke his gaze and went back to work. What is his problem?

--

Snape concluded that it was the best concoction we've brewed. I glowed proudly, but I can see Draco sulk. He looked pretty insecure at that moment.

I found myself being tugged along the halls. His hand gripped my wrist. "Draco-" He said nothing. Only grunting and pulling me along. I don't know what's going through his head but it seemed pretty serious to him. We stumbled around the halls and arrived at the Slytherin tower.

I found myself in his dorm room, watching him close off the windows, and the doors and shut the blinds. He turned on all of the lights and cast wards and silencing charms. I awkwardly sat on his bed, leaning away and against the bedpost as I witnessed him pace around and rearrange his belongings in a frenzied state. His stare bored into my eyes, as I have gotten increasingly concerned about what he was going to do or say to me.

"You seemed pretty chummy with Theo today." Draco sat before me, legs crossed. Staring intently at me. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "yeah, he's pretty nice. Has good jokes and stuff." Draco huffed, rolling his eyes and cracking his knuckles. "You seemed pretty taken with him didn't you." I thought for a second. I'm not good at social cues. I know he seems upset but I don't know what's going wrong.

"Well, I'm not taken with him. I just like his vibe. Seems like a good friend. Isn't he?" Draco's eyes darkened, and his jaw flexed with tension. His hands flexed in fists, as he fisted the bedsheets and held a glare in my direction. It was the angriest he's been. And I was highly worried for my personal safety at that point. "hey, uh I'm not good at the whole emotional clarity part. Maybe instead of dropping hints, you can tell me what I did wrong." I calmly stated to him, fighting the urge to draw my wand out. He must've sensed my fear as his face relaxed, taking a breath, he explained.