Happy Birthday Casey!

Chapter 32

Ottawa was amazing. I fell in love with Shawn, he finally told me he liked me, I went skating for the first time, I told Shawn I'm Mickayla, and he asked me to be his girlfriend! Nothing can ever get better then this or maybe it can, my birthday is in a week, May 2nd.

Anyway the trip to Ottawa was fantastic and I can't believe we're leaving so soon but we have to go back to school soon right?. Exactly.

Plus reuniting with my bed will probably be the most amazing thing of my life.

The whole ride back home Shawn and I just texted each other, even though we were sitting side by side. After he asked me to be his girlfriend last night and we made out a little we talked about how Karen has this rule which is that she doesn't want us dating. So we decided to keep it secret. I'm already good at keeping secrets clearly, just hope Shawn is just as good as I am.

"Hey guys looks like we went to Ottawa just in time the temperature is up to 15 today" Manuel exclaimed. For us Canadians we consider 15 degrees to be pretty hot.

"Oh wow" Shawn commented. This is good it might be even hotter by the time it's my birthday!

------

"Pssssst beautiful" I heard a whisper.

" Wake up" I heard Shawn say then felt him softly peck my lips.

"Up I am, what do you want?" I asked as he took a seat next to me in bed.

"To give you this, happy birthday!" he said handing me an envelope.

"Aww you didn't have to but thanks" I said trying to pull it open.

It only took me about 10 seconds to get it open and inside was two gift certificates to a spa down town Toronto called Sanctuary day spa. Yes number 20 will be completed... Tomorrow.

"Aww Shawn, thanks so much do you want to come with me?" I asked him.

"Nah babe, just go with Monica or something. I am a guy remember?" He inquired.

"Yes Shawn, I remember and that doesn't matter you can still go" I told him.

"Yeah but I'm doing something tomorrow, just invite Monica" he said nervously.

"Ok than" I said and texted Monica. She responded in less than five seconds saying 'fuck yeah I want to come!!'

"Ok now come down stairs, Aaliyah and I made you breakfast!" Shawn told me.

"Ok loser" I smiled and got up to follow him down stairs. When we got down stairs I was actually surprised to see he wasn't lying.

"Awww Aaliyah thanks for making me breakfast" I told her.

"No problem, happy birthday. I got you a present!" She smiled happily.

"Oh really, you didn't have to" I told her.

"Here you go" she said handing me a small gift bag as I sat in front of my breakfast. She made me three sunny side up eggs with three pieces of bacon and two hash browns, yum!

I opened the bag and pulled out a long box that would hold something like a necklace. I opened the little box and inside was indeed a necklace. A necklace with my name on it. Well Casey's name on it.

"Aaliyah this is gorgeous! I love it thank you so much!" I said getting up to hug her.

"Good morning everybody and happy birthday Casey, Manuel and I got you something" Karen said excitedly as her and her husband came into the kitchen.

"You guys are the best really! You guys treat me like your own daughter and that means a lot to me, since my mom is gone and my father isn't always around. I love you guys" I admitted and I do. I do love them it's like they actually are my family. Well they are the closest I've ever had to a family! And I'm so great full for them.

"Aww Casey we love you too" Karen said attacking me with a bear hug witch resulted into a huge group bear hug in the middle of the kitchen.

"Now, open this. We really hope you like it" Karen gushed.

"Well if you insist" I joked. This gift is in a larger bag then Aaliyah's gift but it doesn't matter. After getting rid of all the tissue paper I pulled out a faint pink purse by Guess witch is good cause I was in desperate need of a new one. This is such a gorgeous purse, and it's by Guess it must've been expensive.

"Thank you guys so much this is the best I love it" I told them.

"No problem Casey, we're glad you like it" Manuel said. I love the Mendes family and in so many different ways.

------

"You look sexy" Shawn said as he appeared behind me in the bathroom mirror.

"And you look like you want something" I smiled and turned to face him.

"Well a kiss would be great" he said tilting his head.

"Oh ok" I teased and gave him a light, minute long kiss.

"C'mon babe lets go, everybody's waiting" Shawn said pulling away. All of the guys pitched in to pay for our dinner at this really expense restaurant where we basically have to look like we're going to the queens wedding. It's that high class. Shawn didn't dress up that much but he looks as amazing as always! I on the other hand was wearing a dress that was green on top and the skirt of the dress was just plain black.

We got to the restaurant riding with Matt and Monica. It took us about an hour and all Shawn and I did was go over how much success he has and all the friends he made when he was away a couple of months ago doing something called Magcon? I don't know some tour thing with other famous viners. He's also writing more of his own music, he even has an EP coming out soon. And he performs a lot too now. He's usually never around during the weekends but I still see him a lot like hello, I live with him. But yeah his success is unbelievable.

We got to the restaurant and everybody that we invited being all the people in our group of friends so like Brian and them were all dressed perfectly. Everybody looked great.

We all went inside and Shawn told the lady at the front desk we have a reservation and she led us straight to our table for 8.

We all sat down at a perfectly set table complete with every piece of cutlery possible.

A young male approached our table wearing a black dress shirt and black dress pants with a white bow tie.

"May I take your order?" he asked.

Authors note: let me just start with I'm so sorry guys. This took a lot longer than usual but hey its here now and I also want to apologize for how bad this chapter is I just wanted to get something to you guys asap and ill have a picture of the presents Casey got and the dress Casey was wearing up in a little while if you had any curiosity as to what exactly she got and was wearing look like lol. I love you guys so much and thanks a ton for being so patient, think you can be amazing and do that for another month maybe thanks lot of love bye.

PS: Where are all you guys from id love to know where my readers reside I myself live in Toronto Canada, pretty close to Shawn! Yass bae lol bye for real this time. what Casey got for her birthday is up there ⬆️ oh and thanks gabby for the new cover I love it very much 💗