Number 17: Go sledding

Chapter 26-

"Casey, can you come down stairs please I need you to just quickly file some things" Karen called me.

I ran down stairs and into the office, I want to get everything done fast because Ian, Shawn and I are going sledding today!

When I walked into the office I noticed Karen wasn't the only one in there. Laura was sitting next to her on a spiny chair.

"Hello" I said trying to be polite. It's still weird. All I wanna do when I see Laura is hug her and tell her that I miss her but I know I can't do that. It's killing me.

"Hello Casey, how are you?" She asked.

"Good, how are you?" I asked back.

"Good, thanks" she smiled. I missed her so much even though I saw her just a couple of days ago. But I really didn't talk to her than.

"Casey, here you go" Karen said handing me a pile of paper.

I started to do as I was told to and file the papers, but I'm a little bit distracted cause I could just feel Laura's eyes on me. I feel like she still thinks I'm Mickayla, which I am but not right now.

I quickly finished the filing and I'm so ready to go sledding, we're gonna have a blast.

"I'm finished Karen. Shawn's taking me our for a while. Is that okay?" I asked her.

"Of course, is it something on your list?" She asked.

"Yes! We're going sledding!" I told her excitedly.

"Alright dear have fun" she told me.

"Thanks bye Karen, bye Laura" I said.

"Goodbye Casey" Laura said and winked at me, I looked at her confused. Just so she would think I'm not who she thinks I am. I'm not ready to get caught.

--

Shawn's P.O.V

"So when we got back from the concert which I already explained was amazing, we were upstairs not doing anything. Like we were just talking and I kept saying how I love her for making this happen and next thing I knew, I was kissing her. I mean I don't even know why, it just happened. Maybe it was just a natural reflex" I explained to Matt through the phone.

"Natural reflex?" Matt laughed.

"Dude I don't know, it's just I don't know what else to say" I told him my mind is confused.

"Or you can't think of another excuse to cover up that you actually like her. Dude it's okay you can tell me the truth!" He said.

"Matt I don't like Casey, we're just best friends" I stated.

"Denial. If you didn't like her why would you kiss her. And what about that picture. You guys are cute. Okay okay okay... Tell me this Shawn. Do you still have that picture of you and Casey sleeping together in the tent?" He asked me. I thought about it for a second.

"Um yeah" I answered.

"Now, why would you keep that?" He asked and then I realized.

"You're right about that but I'm not sure if I actually really like her like that you know. She's my best friend, she lives in my house. She's practically family. It'd be weird to say I like her like that. Her other best friend is basically my girlfriend, well kinda" I explained.

"Ok dude, just think about it. But not to much, like don't over think it. But yeah. You get me?" He asked.

"Yeah dude, seen you soon, bye" I said.