Visit

Twitch finally started to drink the protein and medicine mixture. He just wouldn't stop crying. Jap bounced him a bit and set him back on the floor. Twitch ran off back towards the bedroom as fast as he could. Jap sighed and looked back at Hace with a little envy.

     "Don't worry bro. I bet Ardent would have been the exact same way if he wasn't injured. From what I've read, it normally takes two to three weeks before they start to warm up to you. And that's the ones that are not traumatized. It'll happen. Just be patient." Hace got up and lay Ardent on the couch. "Let's get everything cleaned up. Then I have to get going. I'm meeting up with Iriie tomorrow."

     Ardent started yipping and yapping. Hace wondered if he was trying to talk to his new friend. There was no answers from Twitch. There was nothing more they could do for Twitch now but wait.

     "Thanks for everything." Jap said as he walked his brother to the door. "I'm sure he'll be doing much better the next time you see him." He waved at Ardent and smiled. "Bye bye little guy."

     "Bye bye." Ardent said with a smile before yipping loudly.

     Hace glowed with pride, at the same time... that was another word he hadn't taught him.

     "He is just so precious... are you sure you don't want to trade?" Jap joked.

     "Not on your life!" Hace joked back, unconsciously pulling Ardent a little closer. "Alright. Now we really have to go. See ya soon."

     Once they were back home. Hace breathed a sigh of relief. He hadn't planned on being gone the whole day like that. It was almost time to put Ardent to bed already. He was going to have another busy day tomorrow at Iriie's. He hoped it wouldn't be to much for his pet. But Ardent seemed to be able to take a lot of excitement. More than him anyway.

     "Did you have fun today little guy?" He asked.

     Ardent looked up at him with sleepy eyes and smiled. His head was bobbing back and forth, he was definitely tired. Guess even he had limits.

     "Alright. Let's get you ready for bed."

     Jaxon didn't remember falling asleep. He didn't even remember getting his medicine. Talking to Ryan the day before had really tired him out. He sighed as he looked up at the ceiling far above him and thought of the poor guy. He wondered if Ryan was really going to be alright with the knowledge that he was in the future now.

     'How did he get here?' Jaxon couldn't help but wonder. 'And what kind of abuse did he go through? He looked absolutely terrible.'

     Jaxon gave out another sigh. Then his stomach rumbled. He pushed himself up on his elbows and looked around. The sun was just coming up in the window as Jaxon pulled himself over to the sippy cup left for him.

     'I wonder if Hace is up yet?' He thought as he took a drink to sooth his dry throat. He'd noticed that his ears had been feeling better lately as he drank. They didn't hurt anymore, and sound wasn't bothering him as much. 'It must have been the stuff he put in my ears. He must be paying a fortune to keep me healthy.' Jaxon felt bad. He didn't think he was worth the money that Hace was putting into him. Just like he wasn't worth the tax-payers money...

     Jaxon sighed as he thought about all the terrible things that his CO used to say about him. It was going to take a long time for him to get over those things... if he could get over them. He just felt worthless sometimes.