How?

Iriie was a bit shocked that Sand let him carry him down the stairs. Sand seemed preoccupied with Ardent. He almost seemed worried about him. Maybe he could feel that there's something wrong with him? Iriie didn't say anything. He just kinda enjoyed being able to hold his pet.

     Hace had cut a slice of pizza in half and put each half on a plate for the pets. Iriie put Sand down and was about to put the food on the floor when he saw a highchair at the dining room table.

     "You even got him a highchair?!" Iriie didn't know they even made half this stuff. "Does that work good for him? Is it easy to use?"

     Hace stopped strapping in Ardent and looked at him. He thought of how the first time he'd used it, Ardent hated it. But now, it was just normal. Ardent had gotten used to it quite quickly.

     "It's a lot easier to feed them and give them medicine if you have to." Hace answered truthfully.

     "Do you mind if I try it?" Iriie asked.

     Hace pulled a confused Ardent back out of the chair and put him on his lap instead.

     "Go ahead." He gave a slightly evil smirk.

     He kinda wanted to see if Sand reacted the same way Ardent had. Iriie caught Sand in a surprised grab from behind while him and Ardent were yipping at each other. Sand gave a very startled squeal as he was lifted up and Iriie tried to put him in the chair. Sand screamed and kicked hard as Iriie tried to lock him in place with the straps.

     Ardent started to laugh and Sand yipped something at him. Iriie had him all strapped in finally and put the pizza in front of him. Sand made a mad face and grabbed handfuls at a time of the food. He angrily shoved it in his face and smeared it everywhere. Hace and Iriie both laughed at his reaction.

     Hace pulled Ardent's food closer, and he held it up to his mouth for him. Ardent looked at it for a moment before trying to reach for it.

     "Ah ah ah, no grabbing." Hace pulled it back. He didn't want Ardent to get food all over like Sand was doing. He pushed his hands down and held the food up to his face. Ardent went a bit red and looked at Sand. Sand stopped eating and watched. He yipped something and Ardent yipped back in a small voice as he turned a bit red.

     "What's the matter?" Ardent leaned back into Hace but wouldn't eat. Hace sighed and set the food back down. He took a bite out of his own slice and tried to feed Ardent again.

     "Is he normally like that?" Iriie asked. He looked at his own pet and sighed. "Cause Sand is normally like that." Hace couldn't help but laugh at the little guy covered in cheese and sauce.

     "Not always. He goes between being stubborn and just eating everything." Hace sighed. "This is different. He looks like he wants it, he just won't eat. This is also the first time I've tried to hand feed him. It's also the first time he's been feed with another Inchoate. It could be either one of those things."

     Iriie took Sand out of the highchair and held him up by his armpits.

     "Do you have a bathroom I can use to clean him up?" Iriie laughed as he looked at the sauce that had somehow even gotten in Sand's hair.

     "Yeah, there's one attached to Ardent's room. You can just leave him in the pen afterwards if you want. I'll try to get Ardent to eat then we can let them play for a bit."

     Iriie left the room and Hace turned his attention back to Ardent.

     "You need to eat something." He put the food back at his mouth again. Ardent looked around for a moment, then leaned forward and took a bite. His eyes lit up and he leaned forward for another bite when Iriie came back into the room. Ardent froze for a moment and looked at him.

     "Oh, you got him to eat. Good."

     "That was quick." Hace laughed a bit.

     "Yeah, I ended up just stripping him down and dipping him in the sink really quick. He was not happy. I think he's glad to be away from me for a while."

     "So have you been able to teach Sand any tricks?" Hace asked curiously.

     Iriie sat down and started to laugh.

     "Seriously? It's only been about two weeks. I'm happy he finally stopped hiding from me all day long! Tricks? I don't think anyone can teach their Inchoate any tricks in that short of time, unless they're bred not wild."

     Hace smiled like a proud father.

     "What?" Iriie saw the look he gave.

     "Oh, nothing." Hace had a smug sound to his voice.

     "And I suppose you're going to tell me that in just five days you got that guy to learn some tricks? HA!" Iriie started to laugh hard again.

     The whole time they were talking, Hace was slowly getting Ardent to eat. Hace looked down and pulled the food away for a moment.

     "Ardent." He said firmly to get his attention. Ardent looked up with a bit of sauce on his face. Hace smiled and he gave a small smirk back. Hace's heart fluttered. His pet was really sweet.

     "Ardent." He said again, this time he pointed to the pizza. Ardent looked at the pizza and back at Hace. He opened his mouth and leaned forward, not knowing what Hace wanted. "No." He said nicely. Ardent leaned back and looked up at him confused. Hace pointed at the pizza again.

     "Food!" Ardent said excitedly. Iriie's eyes doubled in size and he stopped laughing.

     "How did you?!"

     "Hold on." Hace said with a smirk. He pointed at Ardent.

     "Ardent!" He said with the same excitement. Hace then pointed at himself. "Hace!"

     "Good boy!" He pet the top of Ardent's head and gave him some more food.

     "How?! Are you kidding me?! That is amazing!" Iriie reached over and pet Ardent's head.

     "Can you go to the cupboard above my fridge and get the little paper bag inside?" Hace said as he cleaned up Ardent's face after he finished his slice of pizza. "I want to show you something."

     "Sure." Iriie went into the next room and got the treats.