16. Clue

Rocco:
———
"Are you sure we won't be bothering her? Uncle Jett speaks again.

"Not at all, Jett. Mrs. Parker is going insane with the whole case and I'm sure that if she knows about this, she'll want to help in every way possible."

It's been almost two weeks since I've been asking around for any type of information that can lead closer to Nova's case.

Unfortunately, there is not much to work with.

I went back to school- only when I need something- and asked almost everyone in Mrs. Moree's class if they remember what Nova and Levi had said during their presentation.

All I got was 'I don't remember or 'I wasn't paying attention' That was no help at all.

"Hey!"

I turned around and so did Jett. Abbie Carson? What the hell is she doing here?

"Who is that? Do you know her?" Jett said, not taking his eyes off the annoying girl ahead of us.

Abbie runs towards us and gives us a paper. "I heard you were asking around the school for any clues that may lead to Nova's case."

I sighed, "Yeah, I have been. Abbie, I don't really have time for this I have to-"

"I want to help." She suddenly says.

I frowned and looked at my uncle who had the same surprised expression as I did. "Why?"

Her blue eyes went from my uncle to mine. "Because I want Nova back, I have a feeling that whoever took her is someone very close to us and I want that asshole to pay."

"You speak about this person as you know them, how do we know we can trust you?" Uncle Jett asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

I am also doubtful about this. Why would Abbie want to help after being such a prissy during school?

Abbie sighed, "My sister was kidnapped and killed, the police never found her murderer and now that Nova is missing, I have a feeling that it could be all related. I can help you guys and you can help me."

"Help you with what exactly?" I asked.

"Help me bring Justice to my family by finding who this asshole is." She said firmly.

I sighed and looked at my uncle, he gave me a look and I looked back at Abbie, "Fine. What do you have?"

Abbie let out a breath and dug out something from her bag. A notebook. "You were wondering what Nova had said about Levi that day of the presentation, didn't you?"

I frowned. "Do you-"

"Think that Levi Royce could be involved with this? Yes." She cut us off nodding.

If she also suspects Levi is because she must've noticed something we didn't.

"Why?" Uncle Jett asked.

She sighed once again like she was tired of repeating herself. "Why don't we just go inside? You came to see her mom didn't you?"
———
"That's how I became suspicious of him." Abbie finished off.

I wanted so badly to get up and break something, but since I'm at Nova's house I can't.

I can't believe I was so clueless!

All the hints that were there, right in front of me and I decided to avoid them because I thought all Levi had was a dumb crush on her.

Mrs. Parker had both of her hands on the sides of her face, she seemed so done with all this. I wouldn't blame her if she has a headache with all the crying and lack of sleep.

Precious ObsessionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara