2. A new friend.

Nova:
———
I was reading when someone tapped my shoulder. I sighed and removed my headphones, letting them rest on my neck again.

I looked up to see a guy staring down at me with a smile. He had brown hair and blue eyes.

"What?" I say. I don't mean to be rude but if that's how it comes out then I don't care.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" The boy asked, hope gleaming in his eyes.

I stared at him before looking around the classroom. "Not all seats are taken and you want to sit next to me?" I scoffed.

The dude whose name I didn't give a crap about learning chuckled. "Well, nobody else is reading Harry Potter here, I think we'd be a good team."

He thinks we'll be a good team? Yeah, right.

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"So?" He asked again.

"Sit, I don't care," I mumbled before going back to my reading.

This is the same book Atlas and I would take on our fishing trips. We would read it every time after having sex.

"I'm Levi, by the way." I heard him but decided to ignore everything he just said.

"Levi Royce, nice to meet you..." Levi held out his hand but I didn't give him a single glance. "What's your name?"

"Can you shut up? Do you know how to do that?" I bit out and he stayed quiet until the teacher came into the classroom.

She started speaking but I heard nothing, I was a little too busy trying to calm the guilt inside me from previously yelling at this- Levi.

I don't care, I don't have to care. I don't plan on making any new friends here, especially a guy like this.

He looks cocky and... stupid. Brown hair and blue eyes. Bad boy type, except he looks like he can be a good guy. Seriously though, Atlas and I used to make fun of guys like this.

"They live following everyone's rules, how pathetic."

"So let's begin!" The teacher's squeaky voice snapped me from his voice. She started looking around the classroom when her eyes fell on Levi.

"You!" Levi's head shot up when he heard silence. I rolled my eyes and started drawing in my notebook. "Stand up and tell us something about yourself." I heard Miss Moree say.

I saw from the corner of my eye how quickly Levi got up from his seat. "Um, my name is Levi Royce." I heard.

"Continue, don't be shy." Miss Moree said.

Finally, I raised my head a bit, only to take a glance at his face.

"Well, I uh, I'm seventeen years old-turning eighteen in three weeks- my favorite color is yellow, and I like to listen to classic songs. I- uh, I recently moved from Italy so I hope my old town can welcome me with open arms once again."

"Interesting... Italy where?" Miss Moree asked.

"Milan. I was only there for a year since my dad had some important business stuff to run around here. He's the owner of-"

"The owner of my heart! I, Atlas Bennett, I'm so proud to say that I am in love with Nova Grace Parker!"

"Stop it," I said looking around us, crowded with people.

He shook his head, "Nova is the owner of my heart! My little Rockstar!"

I watched with a smile on my face and laughed.