10. Family

Nova:
———
The feeling of warm water is the best when it comes to waking up in this house of terror, that's what this house is, it's a fucking nightmare!

When I woke up there was food beside me, pancakes, eggs, orange juice, and fruit. I was confused that Levi wasn't here but I was even more relieved when I saw the door closed.

Besides the breakfast, there was a note.

Had to run some errands, babe. I'll be back in a few hours, in the meantime eat and behave, Karla is going to bring you up some things and help you get ready for tonight's dinner. My parents are coming to visit so I expect the best from you. Be ready by seven and look radiant.

I love you!
Levi ;)

I read it in disgust and cringed when I read 'I love you' I ripped the note and threw it somewhere on the ground.

It's pathetic seeing Levi talk about love, he does not love me, he doesn't even care for me the way he thinks he does. He wants me, he wants my body.

The son of a bitch has been stalking me for nearly seven years! The only thing he has against me is lust.

He's obsessed with me.

His obsession scares the hell out of me.

He's obsessed with me but he does not love me, he loves the idea of being with me, making me his. But I would never be his. My body and soul belonged to someone already. Not Levi.

Even if he claims to love me, I know the truth. You do not take away the freedom of someone you 'love'. You don't slap around the person you 'love'.

But if you do touch someone who does not want to be touched. That's lust.

Last night was traumatic even if he did not touched me in that way, but he touched me nonetheless. The feeling of his skin against mine made me want to throw up. The only good thing about last night was that I got to dream about my rockstar again.

It's funny, you know? Back when I was home I didn't have enough dreams about Atlas, and the ones I would have we're about the day he died. It was like flashbacks- and I mean the sort of lightning and torment you get when you remember.

Now, I feel that in my dreams the story of how we met is replaying all over again. I'm living my love story one last time, maybe that's until I die here.

That's what he wants, isn't it? Levi, that's what he wants. He wants to see me die in this god-forsaken home. A home he is desperately getting me to like, something that is not going to happen. This is not my home, this will never be my home.

How long is Levi planning on keeping me here? Could it be a few more months? Years? Forever?

The tears returned to my eyes and I tried to push that thought past me. I don't want to be here any longer and the thought of me staying for more than a few days are making me feel hopeless. The part of knowing that nobody knows I'm here makes me want to sink and die already.

I can't believe I was so dumb, so stupid! I should've known better, I should've called my mother before leaving the house and I should've let Rocco know where I was heading after school.

Atlas would've been upset about this but I know that he would've forgiven me. That's what love does to you, love makes you do the most reckless things ever.

I take my towel and start drying my body. That was a much-needed shower. Since I know that Levi hasn't returned I go into the room without care.

I drop the towel and look for some clothes to wear in the meantime. I grab a pair of leggings and a long T-Shirt. I still have about two hours to get ready so might as well be comfortable.